Congratulations Stephen!!! + Explorer Convertible | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Congratulations Stephen!!! + Explorer Convertible

Thanks Ray I appreciate it! I'd love to make it to an Explorer run. When is the next one? We'll have to play it by ear.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
StephenLS400@aol.com
------------------
97 Explorer Limited 4X4 SOHC V6
98 Lexus LS400

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations Stephen!

Rick/Stephen,
I love my little Explorer, but I was interested in the Desert Excursion that Rick mentioned some time ago from the SEMA show. There was a picture in the post with the Trailmaster lift and transfer case. Do you still have that picture? I saw the Desert Excursion at the LA auto show and would love to get a better photo of it until/if it comes out in production.
Thanks.
Rick
Ps. If you get tired of the anti Lexus abuse, I have a Honda Civic that I would be happy to trade for your Lexus. Just to help out of course. It would be a sacrifice on my part...

------------------
Rick
95 Explorer Sport Expedition
Dead Link Removed

Man, thats one mean looking truck. I like the "Arctic Explorer" in that article too. Gotta love SEMA, even if you prefer stock vehicles like I do. Just so many neat things to see.

Thanks Rick (ExplorGM)for the offer! You know, I've noticed something after driving luxury cars for as long as I have. There's always going to be someone with a smart remark. I get the "Big Camry" thing a lot, just shows their ignorance. My car actually has nothing in common with a Camry, thats the ES300. I got similar crap with my Cadillac, same with the Lincolns, same when I tested a 740iL for a week. Doesn't matter what it is. I've just decided that if they have some sort of inferiority problem, thats up to them to deal with. I work hard for my living, if I want to splurge a little on a "fancy Toyota" thats just what I'll do!

------------------
Stephen Withrow
StephenLS400@aol.com
------------------
98 Lexus LS400

check this site out!!!http://www.f150online.com/

there is some cool stuff in the photo galleries here!

Stephen first i enjoy what you write keep it up

Second - before i got my explorer i had a bronco II and had a buddy that had a bronco. The added size was nice but i would have to say the big reason i got the explorer was for the added doors. I cant see there really being a big market for 2dr SUV's that have any real size to them. I am also interested in the pics so let me know when someone finds them

------------------
Brian
97 XLT AWD V8

Thanks Rick for the picture! Maybe someday...

Stephen,
More power to you! I love the new caddys with the night vision, the euro cars with their power and handling, and especially all the new electronics that can be had if you've got the dough. I've driven a Lamborgini Countach, twin turbo porsches, beefed Corvettes, all manner of Mercedes and BMWs including a 740 Series European model with Camel skin seats and turbos, etc. as an inspector/test driver for a euro body shop. Once you've had a taste of the pinnacle of automotive technology, its hard to criticize someone who appreciates them also. I'm a die hard Ford fan, but that doesn't stop me from getting Road & Track and ogling all the cars I'd like to have from other makes!
Rick

------------------
Rick
95 Explorer Sport Expedition
Dead Link Removed

Exactly Rick! The Explorer is great for its purpose, but I like the Lexus for different things. I've tried out the Night Vision, doesn't work all that well. I've driven some pretty great cars in my time as well, personal favorite is the Ferrari 550 Marinello. Something so special about that car. The lease on my Lexus is up in May 2001, I'll either get a LS430, or a Benz S500. Tough choice.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
StephenLS400@aol.com
------------------
98 Lexus LS400

Someone that works in the same building as me just bought one of those new S500's. What a gorgeous car!!!!!! I wish I could afford one of those.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

Technically Velveeta isn't REALLY cheese... it's a cheese food...
The stuff that other cheeses eat... I guess.

No doubt its the prettiest sedan on the road. Only problem is, its not as quiet as my car, or as smooth. Although with new tires I think it would be just as smooth. Its also about $25,000 more expensive than the LS430 will be. I have to decide if the style is worth the cost. The Benz lease is about $200 a month more than mine, so its not all that big a difference. It'll be a touch choice, but I have about 10 months to decide.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
StephenLS400@aol.com
------------------
98 Lexus LS400

Back