Death of an Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Death of an Explorer

Well...it's been done.

It took six wrecks, but by God...Icarus (my '93) is totaled beyond all recognition.

Since I got the BMW and then the Jetta, my 16-year-old brother has been driving the Explorer (which is why I have been conspicuously absent from the boards).

Anyways, on April 25 Jason (my brother) was pulling out of a friend's neighborhood (for those of you from north ATL, Hampton Lake on Little Willeo Road in East Cobb) when the back end got a little "happy" on him (it had been raining). Being a somewhat inexperienced driver, he ended up in the oncoming lane and was hit by a 2001 F-150.

From what I'm told, someone should have died that day. Neither truck was recognizable, but thankfully both Jason and the sole occupant of the F-150 walked away without a scratch.

I don't think there are pictures, but I'll ask Jason if he has any.

Thanks, Ford, for building such a fine truck. It saved my brother's life.

I'm going to miss the hell out of that damn truck. :(

damn...that sucks. my brother totalled his camry and they said the same thing, he should have died. only a small scratch on his finger. thank god!!!

Sorry to hear that....try to get some pics from the insurance company.

Just wondering where you got the name Icarus?

Wow, it sucks that your X is dead, but at least it saved your bro's life.
I don't think a Camry would have taken it as well:p
Seriously, glad to hear everyone's OK, that's pretty bad when an X and new F-150 aren't recognizable! How fast was the truck going?

Back