Downpipe with Stock Exhaust sound clip??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Downpipe with Stock Exhaust sound clip???

Downstrike

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Anyone have a link or know where I can find a clip of an aftermarket downpipe on the Sport with the stock mufflers still on?

I am debating on installing some magnaflows but Im also leaning towards performance, so I want to hear if there is a noticeable tone change when only adding the aftermarket downpipe with some high flow cats to the stock system. That would be my ideal option instead of just doing mufflers or taking the chance of doing both and possibly getting too much drone.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FYI, what Livernois told me was:
Explorer Sport get 10hp from downpipes, and 20 from full exhaust.
Unlike the SHO gets 20h from dp, and 10 from full exhaust.

I run the Livernois Corsa exhaust, no DP.

Anyone have a link or know where I can find a clip of an aftermarket downpipe on the Sport with the stock mufflers still on?

I am debating on installing some magnaflows but Im also leaning towards performance, so I want to hear if there is a noticeable tone change when only adding the aftermarket downpipe with some high flow cats to the stock system. That would be my ideal option instead of just doing mufflers or taking the chance of doing both and possibly getting too much drone.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

My '16 Platinum with Livernois Thunderstorm downpipes and stock mufflers. Same set up as @ken60631. His ride was the inspiration for mine. I hope this helps.

My '16 Platinum with Livernois Thunderstorm downpipes and stock mufflers. Same set up as @ken60631. His ride was the inspiration for mine. I hope this helps.

Thanks! I won't be getting the livernois downpipes because I'm concerned about emissions in PA. I'm considering PPE downpipes and thinking about an exhaust. Need to do research because I don't want any drone. From what I understand, the stock exhaust is not that restrictive. It's more the downpipes... also considering the 3rd muffler delete.

Jon, any revving/gopro video of the exhaust?

Not yet. I need to get a GoPro. I have a dash cam but you can really hear the sound too well.
Nah. Just set your phone on a tripod (or box, or anything) and go rev motor.

Back