• Register Today It's free!

Driver's side Mirror fell off

Jack Lay

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I went to close my door one day, and suddenly, the mirror fell straight off.
Luckily into a pile of snow, but still off. (see pic)
C3S3rV2UEAIp53A.jpg

I know i will more than likely have to replace it, but is there a way i can buy only the glass and the bracket to mount to the back of the mirror.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like the mount for the glass is broken. Mirrors are inexpensive, although the door trim panel has to be removed to access three nuts.
yes, but is there a way that i can buy exclusively the mount?

I've never seen the outside mirror glass mount sold separately, OEM or aftermarket. Search and good luck.

The glass can be purchased separately. I did it for my wife's Tracer. The mount, I don't know. The work would be the same to replace the whole assembly, and you can buy the mirror complete for probably less than the individual components.

Agreed on just replacing the assembly. I like to use Motorcraft whenever possible, but I went to college in a town where drunk freshmen liked to break side mirrors. When it happened to me, I decided to go with the cheapest generic side mirror I could get (why pay top dollar for a quality part that some idiot might break all over again?). Still going strong after 14 years!

Good point Koda. Sometimes it pays to only use OEM replacement parts. Do a search, too many stories regarding
aftermarket mirror glass vibrating regardless of speed. Not only annoying, but potentially dangerous due to poor visibility.

Back