For People With Bamachips What Tune Do You Run | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For People With Bamachips What Tune Do You Run

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
For all the people that have bamachips or similar what tunes do you run and like the best. I have an 87 and 93 Performance and an 93 Torque. I like both the 93 tunes but not sure what one I like better. Post your details

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 87 and 93 performance......

I like my 93 better, my magnaflow is louder than my 06 mustang gt

and its only one pipe....side exit

I run a 91 Henson tune. I guess you could call it a performance tune. I'm working with him right now to tweak for my new headers using datalogging to get it just right. I used to use Bama's 91 torque tune (they tune for the local octane of course so 94 is useless to me).

what made you change

Doug (Bamachips owner) vanished off the face of the earth on EF. James is here all the time. It's all about service after all and James is great. Doug used to be so I don't want to slam him because he's a good guy.

Do you deal with Doug directly or did you get your hardware/tunes via Explorer Express?

I can still use Doug's tunes if I want to. They're still on my PC after all, just not loaded into my XC2 or into my ride.

what tune do you find better and i deal with both and the tunes for my truck were made by Matt at bamachips dont think i have even talked to doug before

what tune do you find better and i deal with both and the tunes for my truck were made by Matt at bamachips dont think i have even talked to doug before

Like I said, it's all about service. Doug is owner and founder of Bama and used to be a site sponsor on EF. He's a great guy. Then I started reading horror stories of how he wouldn't return calls and emails which wasn't like Doug. I got really turned off when I found out that he was now selling his wares through Explorer Express, an organization known for poor service and misleading advertising these days.

Which one is better? Hard to say. My Henson tune feels like it was made for me and only me. The way they're marketing the tunes at EE, they seem canned (which a lot of tuners out there do). James asked me for a lot more info than Doug did as well.

As before, they're both capable guys and I like them both. I like the fact that James is very active in the EXPLORER realm better.

Which one is better? Hard to say. My Henson tune feels like it was made for me and only me. The way they're marketing the tunes at EE, they seem canned (which a lot of tuners out there do). James asked me for a lot more info than Doug did as well.

As before, they're both capable guys and I like them both. I like the fact that James is very active in the EXPLORER realm better.

James' tunes are made specifically for each customer. The Bamachips tunes you get now are canned tunes; just like the tunes that come preloaded with the XCal3 if you buy it from SCT.

Henson > Bamachips, always. :)

The Bamachips tunes you get now are canned tunes; just like the tunes that come preloaded with the XCal3 if you buy it from SCT.

That's what I hear, but it wasn't always that way. I used to spend a fair bit of time with Doug tweaking my tunes, especially on my old SOHC equipped Sport. That's what saddens me about Bama. Marketing their stuff through EE makes it sound like their tunes are a commodity now. :(

Back