Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thanks to all those who posted very good info in this thread. Maybe my post will help someone out too. I looked around for a Ford ESP on my wife's 11 Explorer so I could make a decision before it hit 12,000 miles. I found there are a few dealers selling ESP's online at great rates. I compared three different dealerships including Ziegler, but found that Flood Ford was better by $100+ (same terms obviously). I purchased the ESP from Flood Ford and in a few days they emailed me copies of the contracts and invoice while snail mailing them also.

I echo the sentiment here for a need for ESP with this vehicle because of all it's technology. My limited has already had multiple parts for the BLIS replaced (dealership couldn't figure out the problem so they threw parts at it until it worked) and a cooling fan was replaced last week. I'm quite sure this ESP will pay for itself before it expires.

Hope this helps anyone else following this thread. :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New guy here. We are buying a 2013 Explorer LTD with 302A, moon roof (wife's mid-life crisis) and trading in a '98 Expedition with 249K miles (yes, we got our money's worth, original eng and trans). Still runs ok (pings) just concerned that it will take a dump anytime (just replaced alternator and front bearings). Have only ever had small things happen so we have been pleased with its reliability and are hoping that the newer Explorers would be the same. Dealership offered ESP and pushed hard sell. For me, extended warrantees have been a waste of money in the past (had one for a Civic that never broke). They wanted $2400 for the Premium 84/100K. Kept saying NO and they have left it at $1299 (we p/u on Sat so have time to think about it). My only concern, as others have posted, is all the electronics. REALLY trying to weigh if we should or shouldn't get the ESP. USAA is offering one for just over $900. Thoughts?

New guy here. We are buying a 2013 Explorer LTD with 302A, moon roof (wife's mid-life crisis) and trading in a '98 Expedition with 249K miles (yes, we got our money's worth, original eng and trans). Still runs ok (pings) just concerned that it will take a dump anytime (just replaced alternator and front bearings). Have only ever had small things happen so we have been pleased with its reliability and are hoping that the newer Explorers would be the same. Dealership offered ESP and pushed hard sell. For me, extended warrantees have been a waste of money in the past (had one for a Civic that never broke). They wanted $2400 for the Premium 84/100K. Kept saying NO and they have left it at $1299 (we p/u on Sat so have time to think about it). My only concern, as others have posted, is all the electronics. REALLY trying to weigh if we should or shouldn't get the ESP. USAA is offering one for just over $900. Thoughts?

I have never bought one on prior vehicles but decided to do it on this one due to all the electronics that could go wrong (same concern you have). If you decide to purchase an ESP, I would make sure it is an official Ford plan. Check online prices at Zeigler Ford or Flood Ford............much less than what my dealer was offering. I bought from Flood.

We are seriously considering getting one for our car for all of the reasons discussed here. I found that Flood Ford had the best price of the 4 or 5 online dealerships I checked.

We did the whole che-bang. Premium ESP and Tire care - if you think about the technology in your car - the Navigation System alone is like $1600.

After the experience I had with my '05 Freestar (had the equivalent of 4 transmissions - only 1 of which I had to pay *half* of) - yes, it will pay for itself over and over.

Heck, just the peace of mind is plenty for me. And after my little <ahem> altercation yesterday with another vehicle - I will get my tires checked and not worry about them.

Welcome to the Forum tankerbob.:wavey: Nice to have you aboard.
I have taken out the extended warranty on my last 4 vehicles, including the Explorer. There was no question that I was going to take the ESP considering all the electronics and that the 2011 was a 'first year' model of the new redesign. If nothing else, it gives me peace of mind. Just make sure that it is a genuine Ford warranty. I couldn't be bothered shopping around for my ESP and bought it from the dealer, hoping that it may help down the road in case of any issues.

Peter

I bought one (6/125K) from Flood Ford, they emailed me an invoice and contract the next day. I haven't confirmed with a dealer but it all seems legit.

I bought one (6/125K) from Flood Ford, they emailed me an invoice and contract the next day. I haven't confirmed with a dealer but it all seems legit.

I did the same thing, bought online at Flood Ford, and then had an appointment shortly thereafter at my regular nearby dealer and they confirmed that the updated warranty information (years/mileage) was in their system.

Just letting you guys know..be careful with those online warranties from those dealers. Apparently some of those dealers (zeigler, flood, and another one I cant remember) are awaiting a lawsuit from ford. What they are doing is purposely selling those warranties at a loss to get a bunch of sales and receive money from ford as a bonus. If ford is to win everyone who purchased a warranty from them will have their warranty cancelled and get a pro-rated refund. I work for Ford so I had no reason to get my premium care on my Edge through them, I get it $100 over cost, but its just something you guys should be aware of.

Just letting you guys know..be careful with those online warranties from those dealers. Apparently some of those dealers (zeigler, flood, and another one I cant remember) are awaiting a lawsuit from ford. What they are doing is purposely selling those warranties at a loss to get a bunch of sales and receive money from ford as a bonus. If ford is to win everyone who purchased a warranty from them will have their warranty cancelled and get a pro-rated refund. I work for Ford so I had no reason to get my premium care on my Edge through them, I get it $100 over cost, but its just something you guys should be aware of.

I can't find any info on the internet about that - if you have a link that would be great

Has anyone purchased the ford ESP from www.floodfordesp.com ?

there price is the best so far

I would agree...here is my research (comparing 4 options):

http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/ A
http://www.floodfordesp.com F
http://www.fordwarrantys.com/ (Lombard) L
http://www.troy-ford-extended-warranty.com T - additional $200 off
http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com Z

PremiumCARE

7 yr, 100k, $50 - $1165 (F) $1285 (A) $1515 (Z) $1649 (L)
7 yr, 125k, $50 - $1680 (F) $1820 (A) $2030 (Z) $2184 (L)

7 yr, 100k, $100 - $1040 (F) $1290[$1090] (T) $1160 (A) $1390 (Z) $1524 (L)
7 yr, 125k, $100 - $1505 (F) $1755[$1555] (T) $1645 (A) $1855 (Z) $2009 (L)

6 yr, 100k, $50 - $1055 (F) $1175 (A) $1405 (Z) $1539 (L)
6 yr, 125k, $50 - $1425 (F) $1565 (A) $1775 (Z) $1929 (L)

6 yr, 100k, $100 - $930 (F) $1180[$980] (T) $1050 (A) $1280 (Z) $1414 (L)
6 yr, 125k, $100 - $1250 (F) $1500[$1300] (T) $1390 (A) $1600 (Z) $1754 (L)

EDIT: Looks like a huge premium to go from 100k to 125k.... I guess 100k is the sweet spot

I have a question about the first day rental option. If you get this option, does it give you a rental car every time your car is in the shop for ANY reason or only for warranty repairs? For example, would it provide a rental car if you take your car to the dealer for an oil change? Are the rental cars typically provided by the dealer or do you have to get yourself to a rental place to get one?

I have a question about the first day rental option. If you get this option, does it give you a rental car every time your car is in the shop for ANY reason or only for warranty repairs? For example, would it provide a rental car if you take your car to the dealer for an oil change? Are the rental cars typically provided by the dealer or do you have to get yourself to a rental place to get one?
I believe a rental is only provided for warranty repairs. Although I'm not positive, but I believe the dealer would supply the vehicle.

Peter

Looks like Flood Ford increased their ESP prices by about 10%

I would agree...here is my research (comparing 4 options):

http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/ A
http://www.floodfordesp.com F
http://www.fordwarrantys.com/ (Lombard) L
http://www.troy-ford-extended-warranty.com T - additional $200 off
http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com Z

PremiumCARE

7 yr, 100k, $50 - $1165 (F) $1285 (A) $1515 (Z) $1649 (L)
7 yr, 125k, $50 - $1680 (F) $1820 (A) $2030 (Z) $2184 (L)

7 yr, 100k, $100 - $1040 (F) $1290[$1090] (T) $1160 (A) $1390 (Z) $1524 (L)
7 yr, 125k, $100 - $1505 (F) $1755[$1555] (T) $1645 (A) $1855 (Z) $2009 (L)

6 yr, 100k, $50 - $1055 (F) $1175 (A) $1405 (Z) $1539 (L)
6 yr, 125k, $50 - $1425 (F) $1565 (A) $1775 (Z) $1929 (L)

6 yr, 100k, $100 - $930 (F) $1180[$980] (T) $1050 (A) $1280 (Z) $1414 (L)
6 yr, 125k, $100 - $1250 (F) $1500[$1300] (T) $1390 (A) $1600 (Z) $1754 (L)

EDIT: Looks like a huge premium to go from 100k to 125k.... I guess 100k is the sweet spot

Looks like Flood Ford increased their ESP prices by about 10%

I'm glad I purchased earlier this week. It looks like the 6yr/60k zero deductible plan I bought went up about 20%.

I'm glad I purchased earlier this week. It looks like the 6yr/60k zero deductible plan I bought went up about 20%.
Maybe they are attempting to raise some cash to defend against the lawsuit that Ford is reportedly looking to bring against these dealers for selling ESP at a loss as mentioned in a previous post. :D

Peter

Maybe they are attempting to raise some cash to defend against the lawsuit that Ford is reportedly looking to bring against these dealers for selling ESP at a loss as mentioned in a previous post. :D

I would think that it would be pretty easy for Ford to just stop allowing Flood from sell extended service plans if they don't like their practices. After all, doesn't Ford have to authorize a dealer for them to be a "Ford Authorized" Dealer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thinking of getting the ESP thru Flood Ford also

Back