• Register Today It's free!

Zeigler ESP quote

Expy2020

Reaction score
City, State
Boise, idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 explorer XLT AWD
I'm considering buying an ESP for my 2020 explorer. It is CPO but now outside the 41 month from new window so it will cost a bit more. Zeigler online is showing $1980 for 10yr/100k premium care with $100 deductible and the interior/exterior lighting package. I've only got 30k miles on the car and CPO will have me aging out before the mileage limit so I've only got 3 years left. I'd like to get through the payoff with warranty so that's why I'm looking at extended.

Is premium care worth the difference in price over extended care? Does basically $2k sound like a decent deal for this coverage if I plan on owning the car for 70k more miles? Anyone had trouble with zeigler and Ford honoring it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMO, extended warranties/service plans are useful only if you couldn't financially take the hit in a bad situation, like engine or other big ticket repair.

Otherwise, it's a waste of money, especially with all the exclusions and other conditions they have.

If you can afford the slim chance of a big ticket repair bill, I'd skip it.

The big print gives and the small print takes away, and there's lots more small print.

They're not still offering it to you because they care for you, but because it's a money maker for them.

My concern is big ticket repair issues. Full disclosure, I do all my own repair work on my several other older vehicles but the wife's car is the road trip vehicle. I've got the pano roof and been reading of failures which cost $2k to repair as it is not a serviceable component. My CPO warranty will cover engine/transmission/differential parts but the roof and the electronics are not covered. I also hear the LED headlamps are quite spendy.

My previous vehicle was a CPO ecoboost expedition and with the exception of the instrument cluster going out (repaired by myself out of warranty for about $400), only required oil changes and tires in the 70k miles I put on it. But it was on the F150 chassis which by 2017 model year was quite sorted out.

I'd like to put 70k miles on this explorer before moving on as well, but at my wife's newly reduced rate of driving (all my kids have cars now and are leaving the nest and my pickup pulls the RV), it will take me 6 years to do.

If it gives you peace of mind, you should get the ESP.

I'm considering buying an ESP for my 2020 explorer. It is CPO but now outside the 41 month from new window so it will cost a bit more. Zeigler online is showing $1980 for 10yr/100k premium care with $100 deductible and the interior/exterior lighting package. I've only got 30k miles on the car and CPO will have me aging out before the mileage limit so I've only got 3 years left. I'd like to get through the payoff with warranty so that's why I'm looking at extended.

Is premium care worth the difference in price over extended care? Does basically $2k sound like a decent deal for this coverage if I plan on owning the car for 70k more miles? Anyone had trouble with zeigler and Ford honoring it?
Have you contacted Joel about the ESP? Many here have bought from him.

Peter

Have you contacted Joel about the ESP? Many here have bought from him.

Peter
i purchased mine from Joel. Good price and an easy process.

Back