• Register Today It's free!

ideas for a box build..

Thekicker2013

Reaction score
City, State
Chester, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT 4WD
Hello everyone, I have a 1997 ford explorer xlt, already have two 12s in a ported box, but i do have to say that the box is crappy, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a ported box build, that still isnt too tall so I can pull the cover over it in the back... thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is the make/model of the subs. Cant do anything correctly with out the specs on your speakers. Also target dimensions your looking to use for a box in your cargo area. Good places to start.

What is the make/model of the subs. Cant do anything correctly with out the specs on your speakers. Also target dimensions your looking to use for a box in your cargo area. Good places to start.

have two rockford fosgate p2 12s, not the 2011 model, want a ported box, no taller than 13.5 inches tall, so that I can still pull the cover over the box in the cargo area..

there r websites where u put in ur speaker info and they will give u the specs for the box. it will allow the perfect amount of air volume to make ur sub sound their best. it sounds odd that speakers would have their own dimensions but the sound quality is better. be sure to use good wood like MDF and not cheap ply wood.

there r websites where u put in ur speaker info and they will give u the specs for the box. it will allow the perfect amount of air volume to make ur sub sound their best. it sounds odd that speakers would have their own dimensions but the sound quality is better. be sure to use good wood like MDF and not cheap ply wood.

yea i see that on Rockford fosgates site, but it only does it for one subwoofer

Go to the12volt.com website, you can choose the box and type you want. Enter your sub theile/small parameters in the equation and it will give you a box design.
I just built a box for two twelves in seperate chambers both parted, sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt!!!!!

Back