looking for a new direction. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

looking for a new direction.

Reaction score
City, State
rapid city, south dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 eddie bauer
well some kid thought they would pull a fast one on me and make the most sudden stop on ice so i re ended them. and since i had a bull bar on it i think it did bad then good in "protecting" the front bumper. so after repairs are made this week (alot of fiberglassing and paint) what should i do for front end mods?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm currently trying to get an off road bumper, if you know a good fabricator that may be something you'd like to try
Posted via Mobile Device

that has got to suck u got pics of the damage

most of its under the hood, the trim peice around the grill is all support under the hood, its all connected and its all snapped and twisted. i was told if i didnt have the bull bar the damage wouldnt have been that bad

So the bull bar did MORE bad than good!!! That sucks but I can see how that could happen.

Okay, I edited what I had and I want you to post a picture before I throw out my ideas. First question, are you going for the off-road or street look?

ill throw some pictures up tomorrow. and def offroad, i thought about street but this is an suv you have to go offroad. i currently have exhaust, roof rack and an aftermarket grill. HAD a bull bar and brand new fogs i never got to use:(

That's not a bullbar! That's a nudge bar. This is a bullbar:
Explorer_Bar.jpg

And here's mine with damage after a similar style crash (my missus was driving, I swear!)

Damage1_Sml.jpg

Damage4_Sml.jpg

Didn't get an actual pic of the car the she rear ended, but it ended up similar to this (xecpt damage to rear instead of front), and we simply drove ours home.
Item.jpg

I hate to say it mate but a nudge bar will do more damage in a collision due to the thinner piece of metal hitting your front end. More metal hit's gives more energy dispersion. Go a full bumper/bullbar and you'll fare a wee bit better:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 28022011_006.jpg
    28022011_006.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 423

Lynchy, you need some lights on the 'roo catcher!!

Lynchy, you need some lights on the 'roo catcher!!

Lights just attract roos! Double edged sword really - they'd be good to spot the roos, but the roos seem to jump into them.

When i'm allowed to drive at night I might look into that. To be Honest mate I couldn't tell you the last time I drove at night, apart from a few pre dawn trips, and the roo's will get you if they want to that time of the morning, lights or no.:D:thumbsup:

When i'm allowed to drive at night I might look into that. To be Honest mate I couldn't tell you the last time I drove at night, apart from a few pre dawn trips, and the roo's will get you if they want to that time of the morning, lights or no.:D:thumbsup:

But the lights would look really good....................until the roo's smash 'em up!

End hijack now...............................sorry!

Australians and their bull bars... I'd love to get my hands on one of those bull bars ;).
JCUZ; I love your Ex. Looks good :thumbsup: I think I have a new favorite Ex to base mine off of. (for future mods)
Greg, I'm liking your Ex without the running boards. Looks much much better :thumbsup:

......when i typed bull bar in on ebay thats what came back so i bought it. dont hate, it served about one purpose and that was to cause $850 in damage. time for tow hooks and lower grille :D

No hate intended and sorry about the damage to your Rig 'cause she's a damn fine looking X. Hope the repairs go smoothly mate.

BigRondo, I have no idea what light's would look good on the front of my rig mate, I like the hidden behind the grill look and also the two big ones in the centre of the bumper look and the 4x roof lightbar look and the 4x front bumper look. Too many choices AAArrrghh. One day....:D:D:D

Lights just attract roos! Double edged sword really - they'd be good to spot the roos, but the roos seem to jump into them.

So, you'd get to see the roo right before the poor ******* is introduced to your roo catcher then.

The look of abject terror added to the expression of WTF!!! Crazy kangaroo's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The look of abject terror added to the expression of WTF!!! Crazy kangaroo's.

Lynchy, I said it before, I'll say it again! You are one funny MF! :p:

Back