1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Looking for info on a custom sub enclosure for a 2002 Explorer

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by VTexplorer89, June 27, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. VTexplorer89

VTexplorer89 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 Explorer
    Alright so I've been doing some serious googling and searching this forum trying to find info for a custom box for a 2002 explorer. I wanna save the trunk so I'm looking for something subtle. Everyone seems to post about 01 or earlier, and it's a different fit. I really wanna put the enclosure/amp in the rear driver's side panel (where the net is) and the compartment underneath. Seems like it was made for it. I don't know a lot about custom work on cars, so if anyone has done this before or has ideas on how to go about it, i would appreciate it.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jad2411

jad2411 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    El Paso, TX
    2007 Brown eb
    Sub:
    [​IMG]
    Installed:
    [​IMG]
    Amp:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. not8taxi

not8taxi Active Member

City, State:
    queens, ny
    02 XLT
    i got the jl audio stealthbox...sits on the drivers side of the cargo area and the amps on the right

Attached Files:

5. east1la

east1la Active Member

City, State:
    Mount olive, nc
    2007 Ford Explorer
    does it sounds good?? im trying to install a sound system on my 2007 explorer, but I don't want to loose trunk space, if possible. Im being looking at this JK stealthbox, but they pricey.

6. cmoneykc97

cmoneykc97 New Member

2002 ford explorer xlt
    i have a realy dier question! if you have rear a/c within your 2002 explorer is there anyway to fit the stealthbox back there? modify it? anything i want subs but i have to have rear a/c and 3rd row! if anything wuts a system i could use with a third row. pleas respond! if anything send me an email at christopherhenton1151@gmail.com i would appreciate it!

7. jad2411

jad2411 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    El Paso, TX
    2007 Brown eb
    Find an OEM enclosure, goes on the right side where the net is

8. cmoneykc97

cmoneykc97 New Member

2002 ford explorer xlt
    whats a site i should use to find this i went to the site you gave me but i couldnt see any pics. explorer specific subs. do you have any pics for me plz! ive sen one on subthump.com but im worried it wont fit with rear a/c.

9. JSones

JSones New Member

City, State:
    St. Petersburg, FL
    2004 Ford Explorer XLT
    Yes, the JL subs sound great - the ones that come in the Stealthbox are not their top-of-the-line, but they ARE optimized for that size enclosure. They'll sounds good the minute you hook them up. Take some time to dial them in, and you'll have great sound.

I recommend a JL amp, too. I used to run all JL Audio in a Jeep I had years ago, and it was one of the best-sounding systems I've ever had, and really, ever heard in a car. You have to spend ALOT more money to get something better...

If what you want is a ground-shaker, though, look elsewhere. These are not designed to rattle fillings out of the teeth of the people 6 cars away...

We Support Our Troops!