Moab Expedition Trip April 17-25, 2012 | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab Expedition Trip April 17-25, 2012

..Updated first post for now..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Nice find with cool pictures..

..I can't wait but sure wish we were already on the trail..:burnout:

Well...

I'm not sure that my truck will be ready for this trip. :( There are a lot of little things still to do, and we are within 4 weeks.

I haven't made a decision one way or the other (or, to take my other truck).

I'll see how much I can complete this weekend - I should have a better idea then.

Moab 2012

Scott.... Take heart, you will have her done and ready to go.... 4wks is a long time, you can do it! stay safe, Michael :):)

..Scott, I understand the dilemma and truly wish I was closer and could help out with this..:(

..But I truly like your alternate plan..:D

Or I can finally take out my other truck which needs to really be tested on good trails and add some genuine pin stripping to it..

That wasn't my other plan - it was your plan!

..Nun-uh..My plan would be to let me drive your other truck..:D

Moab 2012

Scott.....man you gotta come...... if you can't I (we) will haunt you till the the next trip, no really, bring truck # 2 if you can't bring the "new" truck ok;):)..... eh?? Michael :)

..With just under 30 days the suspense is mounting...:popcorn:

..Will Scott finish his V8 swap or will he have to take his FX4 Level II out on this trip?

..Will it Snow?

..Will Tbars find new tires?

..Will Brian have his shower plumbed for this trip?

..Will there be a surprise guest on this trip and who is it?

..Stay tuned for more...;)

..3 weeks to go..:bounce:

..I may be leaving my Ranger at home this trip as I'm not wanting to double pay on a couple items I have going on with it and funds and timing are making the decision difficult..

..I am thinking about driving my "Grocery Getter" on this trip..It will cost more in gas and even though it's needing some repairs and mods of it's own, it is already carrying the basic camp stuff from KOH..This will definitely be it's longest road trip though..

..Anyone else want in on this trip should speak up soon..:biggthump

..Anyone else want in on this trip should speak up soon..:biggthump

Let's see - pizza, brownies, potato-onion-chorizo-egg burritos...

..:scratch:..Since you are working on your menu could you send me a copy?

..I need to start stocking up on stuff too..Maybe we can talk Mike into bringing down some oober delicious maple syrup for pancakes..

..I think we will have at least three fridges on this trip..We are going to need to go on a diet when we get back..:D

..2 weeks to go..:shifty_ey

..Today actually kicks off the "Easter Jeep Safari." This year, the 9-day event takes place from March 31 through April 8. This ends a week before we show up out there.

..Does anybody have any links that will be frequently updated..I'm hoping we can catch some sneak peeks of the weather during their trip..:popcorn:

http://weather.yahoo.com/united-states/utah/monticello-2453455/

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Those are 2 sites I use when I travel out that way for a some fun. The first is a good forcast. The second is a history of what it really did. The second has a link for a good forcast also. Moab is most likely fine. But you can change location to find out for sure. But snow is in the forcast for Moticello. That is where the trouble will most likely be. Blanding and Monticello will have snow this time of year.

Man sure wish I could go. Been too long since I camped at Smith's Cabin.

...Thanks for sharing those links...:biggthump

..Hopefully we can do enough to make you feel like you are there with us on this trip..

It snowed in Moab this morning.

I am finally going to finish my dual battery today, just 1 more short wire to run and then everything for the system is done. Then I might have to pull the front diff to fix a leak :(

And my shower is done :D

I have been doing alot of flying around in Google Earth recently of the places we are going to go. Lots of cool stuff to see. There are several short hikes around Comb Ridge to see some great ruins and pictograph pannels so bring some hiking shoes!

Then I might have to pull the front diff to fix a leak

..That reminds me..I need some jbweld for me pumpkin on the X..Did some bombin at KOH..:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..We are getting down to mere days now before this trip..:eek:

Back