Official Moab to Monument Valley 2012 trip report | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Moab to Monument Valley 2012 trip report

Great pics and vids, guys! I really need to get out of town.

Trying to get the okay to turn the Chevy into an expo rig. Will have to see what I can do for next year.

Tow rig expo trip? Mine is ready to go! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brian & TBars,

What great shots of White Rim! We're heading out at the end of May and White Rim was already top of the list. Seeing the film of Hardscrabble and Murphy's just gets me more amped about our up coming adventure. I don't think we'll have any problem filling three days on that trail.

Holding a campsite might get a little tricky, but we're troopers.

To all of you guys sending in photos and video from this year's trip, thank you!

Scott, Brian, Ted, Gary, Sib and Michael: Your DVDs should be in the mail this afternoon.

Still working on the trip report. May have it up by this weekend.

Scott, Brian, Ted, Gary, Sib and Michael: Your DVDs should be in the mail this afternoon.

Still working on the trip report. May have it up by this weekend.

I look forward to seeing this - you are way ahead of me.

I haven't touched my camera since the trip - I just finished cleaning everything...

I look forward to seeing this - you are way ahead of me.

I haven't touched my camera since the trip - I just finished cleaning everything...

If it helps I didn't get the last of the red dust out of my 4runner until this past weekend (a week and a half after getting home!)

That stuff gets everywhere!

I NEVER got all of Moab's red dust out of Herc... it's inside the speedo display housing, in the body and door panels, the bottle jack storage area, everywhere :)

My truck is clean - it doesn't look like I went off-road with it.

It only took a couple of days...

I NEVER got all of Moab's red dust out of Herc... it's inside the speedo display housing, in the body and door panels, the bottle jack storage area, everywhere :)

...Shhh...Don't tell Scott..

..:shifty_ey ...He thinks he is gonna get it all out..:D

...If his FX4 never see's another trail or dirt road I can at least say I was there to actually see it get dirty...:biggthump

..I finally got one of the ruins videos uploaded..:popcorn:

Wait till it rains. Then the tail tell red spots will be on the ground under the truck.

My truck is clean - it doesn't look like I went off-road with it.

It only took a couple of days...

Did you clean the mice off too? :D

BTW, DVDs went in the mail today, 1st class. Should be at your homes within a few days.

The mice didn't make it all the way to Georgia. ;)

I think duct-taping the holes in the bed helped quite a bit...

..A 360* View off of Muley Point..:eek:

..This is also right near where we all camped our last night of this trip..;)

..IMO, it is prettier in person than looking down into the Grand Canyon..That says a lot in itself of the views to be seen in this area..:eek:

..I was notified of a request for use of that very video this a.m. by a cable weather station, (Weathernation tv)..
http://www.facebook.com/WeatherNation/app_196506863720166

..Of course I gave them permission but forgot to ask if he had seen it on ExplorerForum.com first cause I don't think they just happened across my youtube page...:dunno:

Well, my trip report is done, finally.

It is 16 pages. Single spaced, with no photos (yet.)

Yes, it needs a little editing...:D

..Why Edit?..:scratch:

...Add a bunch of pics and call it a "Coffee Table Book"..:biggthump

I just went through all 1000 of my pictures...

I think I will end up with a book bigger than last years!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back