MPG on new Explorer body style | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MPG on new Explorer body style

14-16 mpg on equivalent to city driving.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Although initially I was getting only 13mpg, after driving it about 300miles, now the average mpg with a mix of highway and innner street driving has gone up to 16mpg.. it appears to be steadily increasing as my explorer breaks in.. I will keep a close watch

The wife averages 21mpg when she drives it, mostly city and rural highways. When we take it on trips, and when I drive it to work (mostly interstate), it averages 26mpg. I think her foot is heavier than mine too. LOL When I drive it and fill it up, the miles to E is usually is slightly above 400.

2011 XLT, 2WD

With my Wife's '13 Base 3.5 V6, we get about 22 combined. Its' about 50/50 driving with city and hwy. On a trip to western NC (we live in SE Virginia) we got 29mpg, damn good considering it weighs over 2 tons and has a huge frontal area.

With my Wife's '13 Base 3.5 V6, we get about 22 combined. Its' about 50/50 driving with city and hwy. On a trip to western NC (we live in SE Virginia) we got 29mpg, damn good considering it weighs over 2 tons and has a huge frontal area.

I think on the highway at a steady 50mph, flat surface we can get about 25mph on the explorer.. when it comes to city driving, the mpg is a disaster.. in stop and go situations. I am getting 13 ish.. average shows 16 but thats those highway miles I clocked last week that is pulling the average up

Average about 18 mpg mostly around town. consistently hit 22 mpg on the highway.
I think that's pretty good in a vehicle this heavy using regular gasoline.

Back