My NEW 2004 Jet Black Mach 1 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My NEW 2004 Jet Black Mach 1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It may be an optical illusion because the exhaust pipes are about 4.5" in diameter. I measured the tires for giggles, and the tread is about 10 7/8" wide.

Its definately an illusion or either Jeff doesn't know how to measure stuff. :D :mattmoon:

They honestly look like 245s or something like that. But then again, that coffee can is quite large too. ;)

OK, for all you "measurement impaired" individuals out there :mattmoon: ,here are some more pix....You can see the rim width in the 3rd pix.

Attachments

• machrear.jpg
    machrear.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 535
  • tiresize.jpg
    tiresize.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 409
  • wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 437

He's lying.. I'll have to do a test drive to verify the tire size. :D :burnout:

I think the Mach need lubed up! ;) :D

i can give it a good hump if it needs some lube, it has two big tail pipes.......wait... :p

Very nice car...of course, I am partial to any '04 black Mustangs. ;)

Here's a picture of my baby....

loristang.jpg

Stang Girl said:
Very nice car...of course, I am partial to any '04 black Mustangs. ;)

Here's a picture of my baby....

You mean here's a picture of your baby! ;) :p

16937gt008.JPG

Nice looking ride there Jeff!!!

Now get Sue's car finished! :p

Nice! Stangs are just so AWESOME! So... where'd your grille go? :p

Started my new job at Best Buy (new store so ALL employees are new) and I was talking with a guy. He's got a Terminator ('03 Cobra). Nice. 509 RWHP. NICE! If it ever stops raining I'll get to drive this beast!

huskyfan23 said:
Nice! Stangs are just so AWESOME! So... where'd your grille go? :p ...

On the Mach 1, the grille delete is standard. There's a kit available to do it on any SN-95 platform Mustang.

Nice car Stang Girl....is it all looks or is there some extra "go" added too? :D

JDraper said:
On the Mach 1, the grille delete is standard. There's a kit available to do it on any SN-95 platform Mustang.

Nice car Stang Girl....is it all looks or is there some extra "go" added too? :D

Little mods to it right now...Densecharger CAI, SLP catback, Eibach Pro-Kit springs and ported intake for right now. Also car club stickers because everyone knows that stickers give you more horsepower! ;) Subframes and strut tower are next on the list. After that, don't know. Thoughts between spray or supercharger but that's further down the road. This baby is my daily with over 70,000 miles on the original tires. :eek: Maybe tires should be next on the list... ;)

Really like the headlights Jeff, but that's illegal in Texas so I can't do it. :mad:

My grill disappeared a few months ago. I got the Cervini's Stalker Hood along with the Mach I grill delete and chin spoiler. I actually have the pony back on there now. SVO sandblasted it for me and painted it black so it looks pretty stealthy. I did put the license plate back on due to being tired of cops pulling me over for no front plate (stupid law in Texas) :rolleyes: . Ruined the look of the car but a suggestion was made to get the dark license plate cover.

Thanks for the compliments. :D

Stang Girl said:
.....Really like the headlights Jeff, but that's illegal in Texas so I can't do it. :mad: ....

It's illegal here in PA too :rolleyes:, but they're only covers that I can remove in 30 seconds if necessary.

If you're looking for new street tires, look no farther than the BFG KDW's....AWESOME TIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to be able to spin 20' going into second and 5' into third, now I just chirp second and chirp 3rd if I'm lucky..mucho better traction than the skaterbacks...

Other mods that have done me very well are the Meziere electric water pump and the Diablosport Predator tuner. I gained 11 rwhp with the water pump, and over 40 rwhp with the tuner (all measured on the dyno, I've done about 35 pulls on 3 different dynos now). Right now it's at Ford getting the tranny fixed (again :fire: ) or replaced due to grinding into 1st gear. I'm having a King Cobra clutch/aluminum flywheel installed while it's being done. I've got 10k on my clutch and it's half gone.....guess the stock GT clutch (what they put in from the factory) can't handle the hp...:rolleyes:

JDraper said:
It's illegal here in PA too :rolleyes:, but they're only covers that I can remove in 30 seconds if necessary.

Your such a rebel! ;)

Yup he sure is. I think Jeff wants to come to the east coast one day..

JDraper said:

Hmmm, considering, considering.... ;) :D

Just thought I'd update with a new pix and the current mod list. Changed wheels again. Went with 17 x 9 and 17 x 10.5 FR-500's wrapped in Sumitomo 275/40-17's on the front and 315/35-17's on the rear.

P6010078.jpg

Mods to the car are:
BEL-985 Radar/Laser Detector (ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!!:D)
C&L CAI/MAF
Borla Stinger Cat Back Exhaust
Bassani Catted X-Pipe
Meziere Electric Water Pump
FRPP Aluminum Flywheel
Cobra Clutch
RWTD Tune
FR-500 Rims
Sumitomo Tires
NGK Iridium Plugs
PHP Intake Spacer
PCV Oil Separator
MGW Mach 1 Shift Knob
Sequential Taillights
Raised Shaker
Cobrajet Emblems
Clear Foglights
Smoked Light Covers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For the right amount of money Lori, I can make sure those smoked light covers are sent to Bastrop, TX :p:

Back