JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
A member over at the Vintage Mustang Forums just had their RARE 69 Mach 1 stolen in Albuquerque. Please keep your eyes open for it.

Stolen.jpg

I just received this heart-breaking e-mail from Larry Gareffa, President of the Mustang Club of Las Vegas:

Larry - I am writing this e-mail to let you know that we will not be at the MCA National Show in Las Vegas.

We stopped in Albq. To spend the night on the 21st, and our F-250 pick up, car hauler with ’69 Mach 1 in the trailer were stolen from the Hotel parking lot.

We have filed the police report with the Albq. Police and did receive a call yesterday from them stating that the pick up has been recovered on the reservation about 20 miles south of Albq., but nothing else. We are asking if you would announce during the car show and circulate the picture of the Mach 1 Cobra Jet to our fellow lovers of classic cars to ask for their assistance in keeping a keen eye out for this car or one that might look similar, ‘cause God knows what might be done to that car. It is a very rare car, (1 of 3) that was built with color, options, etc.

We are soooo very sad that we have lost this car, and continue to hope that it will be recovered. The Vin number is 9F02R180185.

If you would like more details about the car, I would be happy to pass those along as well.

We apreciate any help that you can give us!!

Wes and Jo Young

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very sad indeed:( I wish them the best of luck in finding their car.

wow, sorry to hear that...will keep the eyes open for sure.

I got a heart for '69-'70 Stangs, so I posted this over on Pirate. They have a stolen section. Hope they find it. :thumbsup:

hopefully they find it, i just hope it wasnt stripped(what a waste)

The person that took it might have been planning on building themselves an "Eleanor" and couldn't find the 428 CJ motor ("R" in the 5th position of that serial number depicts a factory 428 Cobra Jet). It is also possible, and unfortunate, but it might have already gone across into Mexico and then on from there. I am also a collector of old Mustangs and Cougars. Of course all of mine need work, and aren't showroom beauties like the one in the post. You can't drive around with something like that and not have it protected somehow. The old cars like that, when sitting on the street and not on a trailer, only take about 30 seconds to "Hot-Wire and Jump the Solenoid" to get them going. I'm sure it didn't take the thieves much more time than that to steal the truck that was hauling the Mustang around. I always hate to hear about something like that happening. I always worry about one of mine going that way when I am out with it and leave it parked somewhere.

May have a break in this...I posted it over on Pirate a week ago, and I had a guy from Detroit PM'ed me for contact info for them. Did a google search and got there number. The guy from detroit PM'ed me this.

Hello. Will you please give me some contact info for your friend with the Mustang. I'm in Detroit and I think I have some info that he will appreciate. Thanks.

I hope he found it. :(

Back