Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Oil leak from chain bolt I guess please read and advise

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by dinks07, July 27, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. dinks07

dinks07 Member

City, State:
    Newport News, Va
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 sport trac 2wd
    Ok i have a 01 sport trac and getting ready to change valve cover gaskets but right under the passanger side valve on the head there is a black bolt on the back side and looks like it might be leaking a little is this bad anything I can do to fix it like tighten it up a little I love my truck and want to make sure its right please advise

2. Support EF

Special! - 2 Year Elite membership now through July 24 $20!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. oklagp1200r

oklagp1200r Member

City, State:
    Newcastle,Oklahoma
    2001 Exployer Sport Trac
    Old post but a good question! Mine seems to be the same unless the backside of the valve cover gasket is leaking onto that bolt from above. Anyone have a answer to this question surely someone has knowledge of this situation!

4. oklagp1200r

oklagp1200r Member

City, State:
    Newcastle,Oklahoma
    2001 Exployer Sport Trac