Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Well I got a new project over the weekend, unfortuanly it's not mine. Me and my dad bought it to fix up for my 19 year old sis.

Details:
'85 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
2.8 5-speed, Man-Tcase
Dana 28 fornt, 7.5 Rear :thumbdwn: 3.73's gears
Black with shades of rust and primer
Cost: $600 :D

pictures of the little monster ;)

12287on_trailer_2.jpg

12287on_trailer.jpg

12287Inside.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Of the truck! :rolleyes:

Stic-o said:
Of the truck! :rolleyes:
Wrong answer, dude! :p

Is your sis going to start wheeling, or is this for basic transportation only?

Man I'm up for some of the pics of your sister.

Oh yeah good buy on the truck ;)

I swear you guys :rolleyes:

It's gonna go up north to Idaho. She just started school up there and dosn't have a car. She's liven with my other sister (married). She needs a 4x4 for the snow. The truck needs alot of work though. Alot of Junkyard trips. Any body got xtra parts lay'n around?

Hey Bill, Did you get that 250?

I hope to pick it up Saturday. He is smogging it and bringing the registration current. :D

Stic-o said:
I swear you guys :rolleyes:

Hey, we've got to keep our priorities straight here..

Since she's single, YOU MUST POST PICS! :D

If you want a reliable 2.8L you can do the throttle body injection mod to it, or you can rip it out and replace it with a early OHV 4.0L in a weekend :)

410Fortune said:
If you want a reliable 2.8L you can do the throttle body injection mod to it, or you can rip it out and replace it with a early OHV 4.0L in a weekend :)

I read that you can just bolt on the wiring, pc and intake from a 3.8 (from stang or LTD II) and then you will have EFI :D But we're probally gonna just rip all the smog off it and see if she'll run. If she dosn't, my dad has a 3.0 out of a 94 Ranger that should slide right in (was for zuk). If it does run great! Then if later the truck comes back down here it becomes strictly Off road :D

Update! ;) for 11/14/04

Yesterday we torn in to the truck and ripped out all of the interior. We also messed with the motor some, and made a junk yard run.

Here is the Highlights.

:thumbsup: Good News
*After giving her some juice all Exterior lights worked. She has a Soul!

*Found a key for doors in the interior (we had no keys when we got it, you don't need one to start anyway just turn with nothing in the keyhole :rolleyes: )

* Found over $7 bucks in change

:thumbdwn: Bad News

*Will not start, bad starter.

* after ripping apart the interior we disovered she has cancer :( There is about a 3"-4" hole under the pedals. We will cut it out and weld a new piece in.

Today we got a new starter and she cranked under own power! :bounce:
Tomorrow we will feed her some oil, water, gas (sence there is none in it) and try to start her.

She alredy has some parts coming to her.
Felix's old coils from his Ex.
Some Leaf from another board out of a 93 Ranger with only 40k on them.
Got new buckets out of a '03 kia
...and hopefully a 8.8 axle coming from Ranger X

Update: Added pics in first post

Well the truck runs sort of... :rolleyes: we are working to probbaly find a new motor for it.

as of this past weekend the suspenion has been all redone. It's back at probbaly factory height. With 235/75/15 she has some room in the wheel wells.

In the rear: '96 2wd (40k miles) leafs were added, about 2" of grease removed from axle, fluid changed and then painted.

In the front: '92 EX 4wd (80k miles) coils were painted ford blue and added after all front bushings were replased. Fluids drained and axle painted.

Next on the list:

Engine
Interior
Paint

Will have updated pics soon. :thumbsup:

looks like a fun little project, posting to watch how it goes. :cool:

:chug: :chug:

That interior has seen better days! It looks like it's been through war and back! :D

Are those Cragar (steel) wheels or Weld (alloy) wheels?

X~FACTOR said:
That interior has seen better days! It looks like it's been through war and back! :D

Are those Cragar (steel) wheels or Weld (alloy) wheels?

The inside has now been gutted ;)

The wheels have been switched due to how scary they were! They have a outside shelland a inner piece that would move around, where the wheel would bolt on. :eek: No thank you.

Sounds like a pretty cool project. Posting for updates

Stic-o said:
The inside has now been gutted ;)

The wheels have been switched due to how scary they were! They have a outside shelland a inner piece that would move around, where the wheel would bolt on. :eek: No thank you.

I belive those were Weld Drag Lites like I had on my Lincoln Mark VII

Cool little truck!!! :thumbsup: :D

Well worked on the Dirty Little Beast today. We actually drove her arond the block 1 3/4 times. ....I had to push the last 1/4 :rolleyes: , but only because we ran out of gas. Were thinking about dumping the motor and putting in a 3.0 from a '94 Rannger that we have. It should bolt right up to the 5-speed? Right? :(

From everything I have heard the 3.0 is different. The 2.8, 2.9 and 4.0 are all similar but the 3.0 is an odd ball motor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RockRanger said:
From everything I have heard the 3.0 is different. The 2.8, 2.9 and 4.0 are all similar but the 3.0 is an odd ball motor.

So I just need a different bell housing then right?

Back