Paraphoe

Go big or go home
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Willow Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Alright, trying to see how much interest I can get for a run in the muddy Pine Barrens within the next few weeks. Took me a while to get my exhaust up and running, but I'm ready to roll now. I know there was a run down there in early November that a few people went on (Pictures here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197641&page=2). If you're down for another round, check in here. Trying to get a decent headcount and then we can take a look at what weekends are best. Right now, I'm thinking the weekend of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of February.

EDIT - Headcount for final date of February 3rd (ignore the poll, haha):

Yes:

Paraphoe
Hunterdan
V8BoatBuilder
924dr4x4
Version0069 (ride along)
joshuaj0214

Maybe:

Lefy
MustangAndy

Awaiting confirmation:

sk1er17
gearhead299
emtkfresh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm down.. I've been itching to play in the mud and soft stuff... Tired of hard rocks that make scary noises...

Dan

In!

Sat or Sun works for me.

The Mountaineer is no longer my daily driver, so let the games begin. I'm still on 31s...

No worries, I'm still on 31's myself. You'd be surprised how well these things with 31's can wheel. I was the smallest truck at Rausch Creek and hung in there with everyone, except I didn't want to play on the rocks.

Dan

Saturday the 2nd actually doesn't work for me. It's either Friday the 1st (which apparently is a no-go), Sunday the 3rd, or another weekend altogether.

Sunday works for me

Dan

I'm a maybe for the Sunday.

Where were you planning on going down there? I'll go to hang out and tow... but I won't be mudding like I did last trip-- not till it warms up outside anyways :confused:

and trail riding is out--- although there are a few places in the pines that have nice wide trails that my truck can fit in... then im in

I've never been before, so I figured hit up some mud, run a trail or two, I'm not sure. What would you recommend?

I'm just going to follow the leader on this one.. Well to a certain extent...

Dan

Well, there's 2 places we can try

1) taking 539 south you pass the painted rock, then after a few miles you go over a small bridge, shortly after there's a fire tower on the left and the trailhead is the next entrance on the left after the fire tower.. thats a pretty good spot.

2) Lebanon state park on Rt 70 is also a good place to go. they have a rutted hill thats fun to try climbing... it's challenging if you dont have a locker. and a few little mud holes (the big one in the middle can get deep though)

That does look like fun...
Dan

What's the first option got in terms of mud and water? I've got no lockers, so I don't know about making it up that hill.

Where in the park did you guys go in November? It looked like fun.

Just so you know, i didn't have a locker when i climbed that hill. That's the fun part about it-- a locker makes it easy, you guys can see who has the "skill" to do it

November we went down to Wharton State Forrest.

The first option (near the water tower) has some decent terrain to play on... lemme see if i can find those pics
Edit: here's the only pic i could find... but i know we took more. (notice the 'water line' on the door)
12637MattStuck2.jpg

(its been a while... im really missing the explorer :( )

if i can get my 4x4 up and workin im in,my 4wd aint engaging for some reason but it worked a few weeks go

I'd like a crack at that hill... But I'm cool with where ever we end up going.

Dan

November we went down to Wharton State Forrest.

That's in the barrens, right?

The first option (near the water tower) has some decent terrain to play on... lemme see if i can find those pics
Edit: here's the only pic i could find... but i know we took more. (notice the 'water line' on the door)

Wow, that's some deep stuff. :eek:

(its been a while... im really missing the explorer :( )

Shouldn't have sold out and went with a Chevy. :p:

That's in the barrens, right?
Yea, down Route 206 though... kind of on the other side of the state as compared to the other two places. Im not that familiar with Wharton, my first time down there I had no clue where I was going.... my second time down there was the thread you posted and I just followed everyone.

Shouldn't have sold out and went with a Chevy. :p:
I couldnt fit 37s on the explorer... and i couldnt run a 16 second 1/4 mile or tow a 22 ft boat too easily either :p::D
**but i do want an offroad beater really bad... like a zuk or a jeep

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That might be a bit too deep for me...Im thinking about bumper height max as far as water goes...

Dan

Back