• Total voters

Paul Fithian

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Job 1 RWD V8 Limited
I can go either way. The kids think it would look cooler if it was Murdered. I have a gallon of black Plasti
Dip on the shelf, not used for a different project a few years ago.

Any suggestions on headlamp and tail lamp changes?

Sport Trac October 2018.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks pretty "murdered-out" already other than the chrome wheels. Personally I don't care for black wheels (maybe I'm just old fashioned). As far as your lights are concerned, I think anything that reduces the amount of light coming thru the lens is a bad idea. Ever been behind someone with black tail light covers on a sunny day, when you're probably wearing sunglasses? I find it definitely harder to notice their brake lights.

In the end it's your vehicle. Do what makes you happy.

Nice! Where did you source the head lamps and tail lamps?

My son worked up a PhotoShop rendering to see what it would look like:

Sport_Trac_October_2018_wheels_lights.jpg

Nice! Where did you source the head lamps and tail lamps?

My son worked up a PhotoShop rendering to see what it would look like:

View attachment 163284
I did my stock ones. I hate coving my reverse lights, can not see at night! For the turns I used round stickers and spray painted the rest, the headlights I taped off. For the tails I taped off the reverse light, there is an indent the blade will follow to make it perfect. Then VHT the taillights as dark as you want. When it dries, tape off the brake light and spray paint the rest of the taillights.

sport_trac_october_2018_wheels_lights-jpg.jpg

I must say that I like the antique-brass color on the wheels. Much better than black. I see quite a few vehicles where I live that have flat black wheels. They look like crap IMO. Gloss black looks better if they're clean, but still no contrast.

I can go either way. The kids think it would look cooler if it was Murdered. I have a gallon of black Plasti
Dip on the shelf, not used for a different project a few years ago.

Any suggestions on headlamp and tail lamp changes?

View attachment 163252
Hate to add my 2 cents, but I think yours looks good the way it is. I like having a little contrast. The all black is overkill (in my eyes that is). Maybe some different rims but other than that I would take it, if you gave me the keys. :D

Thanks for the votes!

Final form, only Attempted Murder.

Fithian Sport Trac1 2019.jpg
Fithian Sport Trac2 2019.jpg

I like it a lot. Love the tire/wheel combo.

Thanks!

Wheels are Trailmaster 15X8 5X4.5 3.75" Back Space. I stripped chrome from the original hub centers with bleach/lye, then painted wheels & hub centers with Rust-Oleum HP Wheel Graphite. In hindsight, I would have rather had wheels with 4.5" Back Space, spacing would be closer to OEM. These wider wheels throw a lot of debris on the body panels behind them.

Tires are Goodyear Wrangler 31x10.5R 15.

Lights are Eagle Eyes black headlights/corner lights + Altezza black tail lights.

It looks good. Great job.

Back