Side mirrors not moving when parking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Side mirrors not moving when parking

Ford14XLT

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi Everyone, I have a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT. The other day I clipped a mailbox and the mirror and cap popped off. It was an easy fix and the mirrors seem to be working fine, for the most part. They power adjust when I am doing it with the buttons on the driver side door. However, since the incident they no longer move when I am reversing and parking. The wires all seem connected behind the actual mirror. Any thoughts.

What do you mean no longer move when reversing or parking?

Hi Everyone, I have a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT. The other day I clipped a mailbox and the mirror and cap popped off. It was an easy fix and the mirrors seem to be working fine, for the most part. They power adjust when I am doing it with the buttons on the driver side door. However, since the incident they no longer move when I am reversing and parking. The wires all seem connected behind the actual mirror. Any thoughts.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Unless the mirrors were modified, they don't tilt/move when you go into reverse. None of the 5th gen Explorers have that feature.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Unless the mirrors were modified, they don't tilt/move when you go into reverse. None of the 5th gen Explorers have that feature.

Peter
Ahhh, thanks. I drive a later model SUV for work often so my brain may have just been confusing the two. Thanks!

Back