Sirius XM radio in a 2007 Ford Explorer...is it part of the deck? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius XM radio in a 2007 Ford Explorer...is it part of the deck?

Turbo Mach 5

Reaction score
City, State
San Augustine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer EB
As the title states:

So I was thinking about upgrading the stock head unit in my 07 Explorer. I decided to do some digging only to run into a roadblock: If I replace the head unit, will I lose my Sirius XM? The reason why I'm asking is this vehicle has a lifetime SiriusXM subscription. Per their rules, I cannot transfer unless the factory stereo is damaged.

I want to kind of update the head unit (maybe add a back-up camera at some point) so...yah...is it possible so I can keep my subscription? If not, any other ideas?

Pretty sure its tied to a module in the 07, but its only compatible with ford head units. Later radio's have it integrated into the head unit. In my ranger the module was in the dash, but I believe the module is under one of the front seats in the explorer.

So basically there's no way to convert it. Less there's a magic device on eBay...*shutter*. Hmm...what to do...what to do...

I know this is an old thread, but it can be done. You need an iDatalink Maestro RR module and the associated wiring. I just did mine and it works great!

Back