Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Sirius XM radio in a 2007 Ford Explorer...is it part of the deck?

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Turbo Mach 5, November 27, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Turbo Mach 5

Turbo Mach 5 New Member

City, State:
      San Augustine
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2007 Ford Explorer EB
      As the title states:

So I was thinking about upgrading the stock head unit in my 07 Explorer. I decided to do some digging only to run into a roadblock: If I replace the head unit, will I lose my Sirius XM? The reason why I'm asking is this vehicle has a lifetime SiriusXM subscription. Per their rules, I cannot transfer unless the factory stereo is damaged.

I want to kind of update the head unit (maybe add a back-up camera at some point) so...yah...is it possible so I can keep my subscription? If not, any other ideas?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Tech By Trade

Tech By Trade Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Your mom's house
      07 Sport Trac
      Pretty sure its tied to a module in the 07, but its only compatible with ford head units. Later radio's have it integrated into the head unit. In my ranger the module was in the dash, but I believe the module is under one of the front seats in the explorer.

4. Turbo Mach 5

Turbo Mach 5 New Member

City, State:
      San Augustine
      2007 Ford Explorer EB
      So basically there's no way to convert it. Less there's a magic device on eBay...*shutter*. Hmm...what to do...what to do...