SYNC 3 latest version | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Thomas...but 3.0 version files are no longer available and mirrorlink link cannot be used with iPhone unless I replace the usb hub... I hope some of us have downloaded version 3.0 for non nav

Version 3.0 for interfacing with iOS...unfortunately the uploaded files in mustang forum has been removed....what is available is version 2.3 navigation (iOS and Android) and 2.3 nav and non-nav for mirrorlink ( typically for HTC and other mobile sets)

I need version 3.0 files to interface iOS with SYNC 3 non navigation vehicle.

Appreciate your help...:)

PM sent

Well, here goes nothing. Downloaded the ver. 3.0 files and will try to install tonight. Hoping this makes things a little more smooth with my iOS 11.0.3 iPhone.

Mine worked perfectly in the exact same scenario. I’m in a 2017 Sport

One issue I'm finding is when I initiate a phone call through the SYNC3 system (which obviously activates the iPhone iOS11) I'm getting a lot of digital garbel when the call goes through. The ringtone is muffled so is the voice of the person answering. It's like a computer voice instead of the person's voice. I have had to terminate the call and try a second time.

I haven’t had that issue, and I place 2-3 calls a day through the Sync 3. I am on iOS 11.0.3 and 2 from latest version of sync3, think it 176, not the 2xx

A new unofficial build of v3.0 is out. Build number 17276, I had no issues updating from 17194 and it resolved an issue with the wifi prompt always popping up when I start my vehicle. If you don't have any issues with your current version then I would stay on that build number.

Hashes:
MD5 (FordSync3_3.0_NA_Navigation_Update.zip) = 0c03733b0e971934b430ce0ba59fe424
SHA 90783b96f91fed1dca3b51f9d0d5b3affae2e9c3 FordSync3_3.0_NA_Navigation_Update.zip

Note: While unofficial, these files are signed with real Ford certificates so there should be little concern that the files were modified in any way.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41251

One issue I'm finding is when I initiate a phone call through the SYNC3 system (which obviously activates the iPhone iOS11) I'm getting a lot of digital garbel when the call goes through. The ringtone is muffled so is the voice of the person answering. It's like a computer voice instead of the person's voice. I have had to terminate the call and try a second time.

I have had this issue with iOS 11, try re-pairing the phone. iOS 11.1 should be out in a few weeks and contains many bug fixes.

I have had this issue with iOS 11, try re-pairing the phone. iOS 11.1 should be out in a few weeks and contains many bug fixes.

Unfortunately, I am running iOS11.1 Beta 4 and it's still there.

I just got an iPhone8 and I paired it after clearing out my old iPhone7

I might try a 20-minute battery disconnect and Master Reset.

I have that WiFi pop up issue too.......I will try the new build thanks!

Unfortunately, I am running iOS11.1 Beta 4 and it's still there.

I just got an iPhone8 and I paired it after clearing out my old iPhone7
What's an iPhone?:D I had a myPhone in my MKT.

P1170368_001.JPG

Loaded the new v.3.0 build no issues at all, pop up is gone.

I was parked next to a 2018 Ford Fusion Sport yesterday. I saw when the owner started his car the SYNC3 system looked different. It was blue in color and seems like it had a customized home page as well. So maybe in the new SYNC3 cars you can customize with your own wallpaper like you could do in the old SYNC system.

Hi....has official version 3.0 released? Wanted for non navigation model

I was parked next to a 2018 Ford Fusion Sport yesterday. I saw when the owner started his car the SYNC3 system looked different. It was blue in color and seems like it had a customized home page as well. So maybe in the new SYNC3 cars you can customize with your own wallpaper like you could do in the old SYNC system.

Does the 2018 Fusion have Ford Connect with 4G?.......if so likely a newer version of SYNC3

Has anyone tried the 3.0 update on a '17 Platinum edition? I'm still running 2.0 and it seems clunky.

Hi....has official version 3.0 released? Wanted for non navigation model
As far as I know it is still a dealer install only.

Peter

Has anyone tried the 3.0 update on a '17 Platinum edition? I'm still running 2.0 and it seems clunky.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
There are several members in this thread that have installed V3.0 on a 2017 Explorer but none appear to be a Platinum. I would think that the Sync 3 software is probably the same on all trim levels.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Sync update all have been pulling is from Mustang and F150 forums so I am 99.999% confident it’s all the same

Back