Temporalily lost communication with the touchscreen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Temporalily lost communication with the touchscreen

2013 Limited

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer limited
Hello,
2013 Ford Explorer after the update of the ACM on the left side of IPC, was displayed this record (Temporarily lost communication with the touchscreen), but when the radio is working and I turn the ignition on, then for 6 seconds the radio station and RDS are displayed and after 6 seconds this error record is constantly on. The phone, the compass and the temperature displays normally. So temporarily has become permanent.
The ACM I updated with UCDS, flashed files DL3T-14D101-AA.vbf, GB5T-14D099-AF.vbf, GB5T-14D100-AG.vbf and GB 5T-14D100-HG.vbf.
A master reset was done - did not help. Checked with IDS and erased all errors - also did not helped. I tested all modules with Forscan - there were no errors.
DTC.mp4
IMG_20180325_142300_2.jpg
view

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
UCDS ? :dunno:

Peter

Did you have any errors before updating the ACM? If not, I would try re-flashing with UCDS using the VBF loader. If it still doesn't work, try flashing the original version..

I had an issue like with flashing my PAM module with UCDS. The latest version still doesn't work but I was able to flash the original version and calibration.

If you have an Update Wizard .uuw file saved, this should provide some information on the original software and calibration you were using.

If you still have trouble I would try posting to the ucds forum too.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
UCDS ? :dunno:

Peter

It's what us car hackers are using to change module firmware ;) but it is very risky.

That's how I upgraded my 2016 Instrument Cluster to the 2018 firmware

Did you have any errors before updating the ACM? If not, I would try re-flashing with UCDS using the VBF loader. If it still doesn't work, try flashing the original version..

I had an issue like with flashing my PAM module with UCDS. The latest version still doesn't work but I was able to flash the original version and calibration.

If you have an Update Wizard .uuw file saved, this should provide some information on the original software and calibration you were using.

Thanks for the reply.
I never had an errors of ACM. Only what I want - to have EU frequency with RDS. There I found how to do with UCDS Активация RDS на штатной балалайке… — бортжурнал Ford Explorer 2013 года на DRIVE2 . This guy done with success (the model and year of mine and his car are the same).
In the saved sessions of IDS I found that it was before:
(ACM) Part Number = DB5T-19C107-GC
(ACM)_FILENAME = DB5T-14D099-GC
(ACM) Software Part 1 (F125) = DB5T-14D100-PC
(ACM)_HARDWARE_NUM = DB5T-14F188-GA
(ACM)_CALIBRATION_FILENAME = DB5T-14D100-LA
and after flashing:
(ACM)_FILENAME = GB5T-14D099-AF
(ACM) Software Part 1 (F125) = GB5T-14D100-HG
(ACM)_CALIBRATION_FILENAME = GB5T-14D100-AG

Ok, I'll can try to flash back. For update of the ACM SBL file was DL3T-14D101-AA.vbf (which is not shown in IDS session) but how can I find the SBL for my later firmware?

Thanks for the reply.
I never had an errors of ACM. Only what I want - to have EU frequency with RDS. There I found how to do with UCDS Активация RDS на штатной балалайке… — бортжурнал Ford Explorer 2013 года на DRIVE2 . This guy done with success (the model and year of mine and his car are the same).
In the saved sessions of IDS I found that it was before:
(ACM)_FILENAME = DB5T-14D099-GC
(ACM) Software Part 1 (F125) = DB5T-14D100-PC
(ACM)_CALIBRATION_FILENAME = DB5T-14D100-LA
and after flashing:
(ACM)_FILENAME = GB5T-14D099-AF
(ACM) Software Part 1 (F125) = GB5T-14D100-HG
(ACM)_CALIBRATION_FILENAME = GB5T-14D100-AG

Ok, I'll can try to flash back. For update of the ACM SBL file was DL3T-14D101-AA.vbf (which is not shown in IDS session) but how can I find the SBL for my later firmware?

The SBL should be the same.

I believe you should be able to change to EU frequencies by changing the as-built data without flashing firmware but I'm not sure about RDS. This can be done in "Direct Configuration" in UCDS

The SBL should be the same.

I believe you should be able to change to EU frequencies by changing the as-built data without flashing firmware but I'm not sure about RDS. This can be done in "Direct Configuration" in UCDS

It is a problem. In ford techservice site I can't find *.vbf files (DB5T-14D099-GC.vbf, DB5T-14D100-PC.vbf and DB5T-14D100-LA.vbf) which I need to flash back. to my ACM.

In UCDS I found that I can update an IPC module and I thought that it will be enouthg for my trouble. So started an update and after some seconds my car said that switched on the "battery saving" but flashing was not interrupted and then I started an engine (a battery charger was switched on too). All blocks from two files where flashed sucessfuly and UCDS software tolled me to switch off an ignition. After that my IPC was dead. Then I tried to flash my IPC for some times - but each time I saw the same error that that is on the screenshot 2.JPG . Now I have no IPC - it is dead. Any solutions?

On next day my IPC is working - with VBF loader I flashed all files again but an error "Temporarily lost communication with the touchscreen" (only on IPC screen) is. 3 weeks I am "playing" with my ACM and VBF loader. When I flashed back to stock files to my ACM I noticed that IPC is working well but after that I have no EU frequency and no RDS. If I flash a new soft and calibration files to ACM - I have EU frequency and RDS. Another notice is when I flash SBL file - everything is Ok but when only 0.1% is flashed of second soft file (GB5T-14D099-AF) on IPC an error "Temporarily lost communication with the touchscreen" appear.
On an Update Wizard window I found that I can update APIM. Maybe this update of APIM will fix it? UpWiz1.jpg
Any ideas?

did you found out anything? Have the same problem. With FORScan i can only see one row after conversion:
a26d97e779_album.jpg

did you found out anything? Have the same problem. With FORScan i can only see one row after conversion:
a26d97e779_album.jpg

Hello,
After flash of ACM with new strategy and calibration files with UCDS VBF loader in ACM asbuild configuration with Forscan I see all blocks (lines) of ACM.

which UCDS you have and what did you exactly? I only have FORScan

There are my screenshots before before.jpg flash and after After.jpg flash. There are difference in line 727-01-02. All ACM's from 2016 MY has line 727-01-02 0000 31.

but there are a lots more difference

i don´t know nothing about UCDS

Like mine:
Ford UCDS Pro+ Ford UCDSYS with UCDS V1.26.008 Full License Software 35 Tokens | eBay
But there is an old version of software and there are no Ford Explorer (2011 and up) in "Direct Configuration" https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i4/515403334/TB2OVuwmq8lpuFjy0FpXXaGrpXa_!!515403334.jpg where you can change what yours asbuilt configuration lets https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i2/515403334/TB2IFlFmrBkpuFjy1zkXXbSpFXa_!!515403334.jpg .
And there is not original interface (Made in China) and you will can not update the software because an update will damage an interface but "VBF loader" and "Update Wizard" are working.
Or you can buy an original UCDS (UCDSYS) FORD diagnostic tool (with EXTENDED licence) | eBay .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody knows how to find second calibration file for ACM?
SBL file DL3T-14D101-AA, strategy HB5T-14D099-CA, one of two calibration file is GB5T-14D100-TA. What is another calibration file?
SBL file DL3T-14D101-AA, strategy HB5T-14D099-CA, one of two calibration file is GB5T-14D100-TB. What is another calibration file?
SBL file DL3T-14D101-AA, strategy GB5T-14D099-CE, one of two calibration file is GB5T-14D100-CE. What is another calibration file?
SBL file DL3T-14D101-AA, strategy GB5T-14D099-JA, one of two calibration file is GB5T-14D100-TA. What is another calibration file?

Back