Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Tire size

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by Jonny_rotten, November 29, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2017 XLT sport appearance
      I’ve made a little error and I’m wondering if it needs to be rectified. My 2017 Ex had 20” wheels with summer tires and I’ve ended up buying 245/60/18 tires to work with the 18” police interceptor steel wheels. The difference in diameter is -1.3%. Of course I’ve just realised that I should have bought 235/65/18 and the difference would have been 0%. Is it a big deal? I’m pretty annoyed at myself.....

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. MrQ

MrQ Take the Bull by the Horns Moderator Emeritus

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Stafford, TX
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '98 Eddie Bauer
      Callsign:
      MrQ
      You can't bring the tires back in and get the right ones?

-1.3% is a really small deviation and would probably only affect your speedometer by 1-2 mph at higher speeds. At lower speeds it would be negligible.

My deviations are usually -5% to -7% when you jump from 29's to 33's, haha.