• Register Today It's free!

VSS real location (p0500 code)

manuelronk

Reaction score
City, State
guayaquil, ecuador
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer 1998 automa
hi people, please help me, i got my check engine light ON, the scanner got P0500 code (vss malcfuntion) i dont know where is the fkn VSS. some people say in transfers, other say at the differencial top. My explorer is 1998 xlt 4.0 automatic sohc Elite, i notice some parts of my car said 97. i guess was made lately 97, but the documents said 1998.

well, i have to say that my speedometer works fine, never lose speedometer and my abs light is on too.

please help me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the rear abs sensor and speed sensor are the same part-98 and up. It is on top of the rear differential.

Quick way to tell if you have the speed sensor on your transfer case tail shaft is to look. ;)

If you see a place where a hole could be drilled, but nothing there the sensor is in the rear diff. Easy enough yes?

the rear abs sensor and speed sensor are the same part-98 and up. It is on top of the rear differential.

Quick way to tell if you have the speed sensor on your transfer case tail shaft is to look. ;)

If you see a place where a hole could be drilled, but nothing there the sensor is in the rear diff. Easy enough yes?

kinda rude

You could read it that way, or you could find your answer. It's up to you I guess.

+1 Jon. after all, you did put a smiley face after it...

Back