What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Just the tune or anything else?

Drop in K&N. Still debating 3Bar MAF, Thermostat, and Plugs. Definitely Catback down the road.

Do the 3Bar, Thermostat, and plugs make much of a difference?

-Zitman11

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Changed the spark plugs on the 2011 v6 na.

Did first oil change 1600miles and Found some metal shavings.

Drop in K&N. Still debating 3Bar MAF, Thermostat, and Plugs. Definitely Catback down the road.

Do the 3Bar, Thermostat, and plugs make much of a difference?

-Zitman11

If you want to optimize an upgraded tune, yes do these item. They are not that hard to change.

Not really exciting but i swapped out my horrible halogens for LED's today. Im very satisfied with the results. Had a friend drive towards me and said they are not blinding or obnoxious at all. Great light spread on dark roads too! I was afraid they were gonna be really "directional"

This pic is a but misleading.. They dont really look washed out like this

05ACD3A3-A82F-4B53-83F6-E46D30D2302B_zpsjbclw38a.jpg

Here's on a dark road- low beam
EA35E0BE-451A-4C57-907F-EE6133BA8F2B_zpsk7hso0wm.jpg

Now high beam
B3D5E6BF-4E7A-4444-818D-CDDC54C02B84_zpsex3jafnc.jpg

Fanless LED's

5E6A495A-71F6-4938-8DD5-95DA5B89B701_zpsfhqba6ev.jpg

Not really exciting but i swapped out my horrible halogens for LED's today. Im very satisfied with the results. Had a friend drive towards me and said they are not blinding or obnoxious at all. Great light spread on dark roads too! I was afraid they were gonna be really "directional"

This pic is a but misleading.. They dont really look washed out like this

05ACD3A3-A82F-4B53-83F6-E46D30D2302B_zpsjbclw38a.jpg

Here's on a dark road- low beam
EA35E0BE-451A-4C57-907F-EE6133BA8F2B_zpsk7hso0wm.jpg

Now high beam
B3D5E6BF-4E7A-4444-818D-CDDC54C02B84_zpsex3jafnc.jpg

Fanless LED's

5E6A495A-71F6-4938-8DD5-95DA5B89B701_zpsfhqba6ev.jpg

Looks great. I have not done any upgrades but this looks like a good one. What is the bulb size/type? Any install issues with wiring? I see these for $45 a pair on eBay on up to $190 elsewhere. Assume it does not matter.

No issues with the install at all! Literally just plug n play. Took about 20 mins to install. Very nice light and gives the truck a modern look.

9005 bulb

Are these the ones you bought?

They look slick.....wish they were out when I upgraded to HID

Did first oil change 1600miles and Found some metal shavings.

Not necessarily too surprising. I usually find a small amount. I just did my Sport, found a little bit too. Sending off the oil sample Monday so we'll see but I don't anticipate anything wrong.

Thanks!!

Pretty much the same concept, just different brand. Although this a crap video..These are the exact ones.

How much in Canuckastan dollars?

A little something

Something subtle. Tint, vinyl wrapped the door handles and emblems. Performance items next on the agenda.

Sport%202_zpsxwtb5wki.jpg

Something subtle. Tint, vinyl wrapped the door handles and emblems. Performance items next on the agenda.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Looks good.:thumbsup: Did you remove the plate just for the picture or do you not require one? If the latter, then removing the frame might be the next project but I suspect it was the former. ;)

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Looks good.:thumbsup: Did you remove the plate just for the picture or do you not require one? If the latter, then removing the frame might be the next project but I suspect it was the former. ;)

Peter

haha thanks. Yes, the frame is next to go. I've seen a forum where someone removed it and will be doing the same.

Does the size of the bulb allow for the rubber dust cover to fit?

Yep, it fights right back on , no probs at all

I got the same bulbs. I was skeptical but it works great. I want my HIDs to die first before I put them in though. I wonder how they will do on a long road trip. When I got mine, I bought them for 35 dollars free shipping on ebay.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the same bulbs. I was skeptical but it works great. I want my HIDs to die first before I put them in though. I wonder how they will do on a long road trip. When I got mine, I bought them for 35 dollars free shipping on ebay.
You could be waiting a loooong time.

Peter

Back