What did you do to your 5th Gen? | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are tag lights? How did you do those puddle lamps? Are they the assembly that costs 57 bucks plus shipping online?

Sorry, the tag lights are the licence plate lights. For the puddle lamps, all i did was:

- popped the assembly out of the mirror with a tiny screwdriver
- put the assembly in the oven at 235 def F for about 10 mins to loosen up the glue

- then i just pryed the lens of with the same small screwdriver.

- put in my $5 led bulb and tested it before i glued the assembly back shut, Voila!

Sorry, the tag lights are the licence plate lights. For the puddle lamps, all i did was:

- popped the assembly out of the mirror with a tiny screwdriver
- put the assembly in the oven at 235 def F for about 10 mins to loosen up the glue

- then i just pryed the lens of with the same small screwdriver.

- put in my $5 led bulb and tested it before i glued the assembly back shut, Voila!

What bulb did you use for the assembly? Sounds pretty easy

image.jpg
Tinted tails

Side view

image.jpg

Does it just clip in or do you have to glue it?

Good question! Mine didnt clip in perfectly but are on there pretty snug. It was only after I glued them shut when i thought about glueing the bulbs in.... Im a bit worried now that after some bumps they may pop out lol

My advice would be to glue them down somehow

Good question! Mine didnt clip in perfectly but are on there pretty snug. It was only after I glued them shut when i thought about glueing the bulbs in.... Im a bit worried now that after some bumps they may pop out lol

My advice would be to glue them down somehow

I'm clearly not an electrician lol would you just use a tiny dab of superglue?
And thanks guys!

Swapped out the EcoBoost emblem.

c1fee31f-2b88-42bc-89ad-6d779bb93acf_zps30aysdmk.jpg

IMG_5616_zpsrmfqjdsh.jpg

Drove mine in the rain all week and got to learn/use my auto wipers ... big deal in Phoenix ;)

Installed livernois 91oct tune and smiled the whole time

What kind of basket is that on top of your X? Does it make a lot of wind noise?
This was last week but I went and plaid in some snow up in Tahoe!

First time really using the terrain management system. Extremely happy with it.

1mPUr1a.jpg

What kind of basket is that on top of your X? Does it make a lot of wind noise?

Its made by Rola, the Rola vortex with the extension on it. I think the extension adds about 18 inches and relatively inexpensive (Got mine off of amazon). It does make noise.. Though I have found with any cage will make noise.. However! I did away with the OEM cross bars from Ford and went with the Thule arrow cross bars and the wind noise is a lot less. The Thule crossbars are a lot stiffer than the OEM bars so there is less vibration.

Looks great, really like the way you have it set up!

Livernois 93 tune for my 2015 Sport....What a difference! Woke up the beast. This is how they should come from the factory. I liked the stock performance, but LOVE the tuned performance!

I highly recommend this to those who haven't done it yet. If you're on the fence about it, I hope this pushes you over.

Livernois 93 tune for my 2015 Sport....What a difference! Woke up the beast. This is how they should come from the factory. I liked the stock performance, but LOVE the tuned performance!

I highly recommend this to those who haven't done it yet. If you're on the fence about it, I hope this pushes you over.

Just the tune or anything else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Showed off how fast the sport is with LMS 91 tune to a friend. He was like holy $h!+.

Back