Why order now? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why order now?

imanony

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer ST
hey fellas!
have been coming here since the announcement of 2020 explorer. Interested in purchasing one but still debating with myself. While i decide, i have a quick question: Now that all types of models and combination are available at the dealer, I still see folks ordering their explorer. I would like to know what is the reason for that? I can understand the pre-order but what is your motivation now to order it? Thanks in advance for your perspective.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I typically order because I like it fresh from the factory. No test driving, no dirt, bird poop and any other substance.. no dealers hand washing them and putting swirls in the clear coat.

With the Explorer, there are not a ton of options so one could most likely find what they want soon if not now. But typically with most vehicles, there are so many stand alone options that many order to pay for what they want and not for what they dont want.

Not that many configs available but.mine seemed to be a one-off, at least in the Boston area. I could have ordered it, but a local dealer already had, just took a long time.tonhet through the Flat Rock process. My dealer couldn't find another locally to appease me, so they had to endure my regular inquiries.

For those interested: Platinum, magnetic, ebony, bench, 21" wheels. All non-negotiable.

hey fellas!
have been coming here since the announcement of 2020 explorer. Interested in purchasing one but still debating with myself. While i decide, i have a quick question: Now that all types of models and combination are available at the dealer, I still see folks ordering their explorer. I would like to know what is the reason for that? I can understand the pre-order but what is your motivation now to order it? Thanks in advance for your perspective.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Sometimes you luck in and find exactly what you want on a dealer's lot. Other times there are always a few items missing.

Peter

I typically order because I like it fresh from the factory. No test driving, no dirt, bird poop and any other substance.. no dealers hand washing them and putting swirls in the clear coat.

All vehicles are test driven at the factory, they all get dirt and other substances (maybe bird poop) on them in transport, and washing is part of PDI/prep. All vehicles have 3-4 people drive them before you ever see it. Sometimes more.

When I went to test drive a 2018 fusion to buy I was going to go with a base SE 2.5 model. I drove it and it already had 162 miles on it, then I test drove a 2.0 hybrid SE and it only had 4.4 miles so I was probably the first to test drive it, plus the hybrid was so much smoother I went with it. I heard if the dealer does a proper PDI it should have at least 10 miles on it or something of the sort. The worst part about a new car is trying to keep it new, then after you get the first dent your stomach sinks and its like someone kicked you in the balls.

All vehicles are test driven at the factory, they all get dirt and other substances (maybe bird poop) on them in transport, and washing is part of PDI/prep. All vehicles have 3-4 people drive them before you ever see it. Sometimes more.

I'm aware of the factory test for shakes/rattles/squeaks etc. And no, washing is not part of it because when my vehicles come off the truck, they sit inside and wait till I fly in to pick it up. My salesman holds the keys from the time it comes off the truck till I get there. No washing or detailing is done to my orders.

Back