its finally done | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

its finally done

first off thanks to everyone that has answered my questions through the past year to make it possible for me to complete my truck, heres a few pics, tell me what you think, i have no before pics but i'm sure we all know what a stock x looks like.
Photo0032.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I really like the look of your X. I like the color too. Awesome that you did it yourself!

heres a crappy pic of my interior, i did a custom center console that is wrapped in black vinyl and diamond plate sheet metal. i'll try to get better pics tomorrow
Photo0040.jpg

Damn boy, you got skillz!

that looks great man, i love the paint, wanna paint mine?

So did you actually custom spray the designs youself or use some sort of template?

no free handing here, not yet at least, i used multiple templates, this is only my 4th paint job the last three were just basic base/clear so this one was the most difficult and time consuming, still practicing and learning. The paint job consisted of numerous steps, first the preping of the body (sanding, cleaning masking off) then i laid a metalic blue base and clear i let that cure for about 10 days, went back and wet sanded the whole truck. then i laid out my flames with 3m blue tape( the real thin stuff) those were free handed. after that i laid out my 1st skull template, and then masked the rest of the truck off. now i sprayed a white pearl mixed with an intercoat clear i let that flash then used a second template to do the black shading in the skulls and flames, i let that flash and then went over it with a light cobalt blue candy to tone the pearl down, after that flashed i cleared the whole thing. i waited a weeek and wetsanded 1000 grt- 2000 grit then used a wheel to rub it out with medium cut, fine cut, swirl remover and finally a hand glaze. when i did the shading i used an airbrush.

finally got a hold of some interior pics, let me know what ya think.
heres my center console i built
Photo0087.gif

my dash
Photo0095.jpg

ignore the spot on the floor :rolleyes: i know i need some floor mats

just in case any one was wondering why even with a 4 door leaf pack and an add a leaf my rear end still sags well here is your answer.
Photo0092.jpg

my wall that houses a solo x 18 and 4 6x9's. i'm still debating if i'm goin to keep it or rip it out and just do something smaller kinda don't like the fact of no cargo room.

and last but not least my seat covers :D
Photo0094.jpg

Nice work, it looks good

oh man that center console is awesome!

does the sun ever reflect off of it into your eyes? it seems like it could be distracting.

no not at all. no problem with the sun.

The more pics you post, the more I think your truck is awesome. :D Especially the console. :thumbsup: One thing I noticed that would make your truck look and perform even better is a hurst shifter. ;)

tell me more about this hurst shifter. how exactly would it improve my performance?

Great looking truck. You are seriously skilled. How much of that stuff did you do on your own?

Back