New bumper and winch!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New bumper and winch!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Splash,

Just a heads up - the "see more" link and clicking the photo of Zappers truck only bring me to a 404 error page.

And BTW, there's a big difference between the $50 price Zapper quoted and you confirmed above, and the $450 listed on the site. ;)

We saw your sploder running around the parking lot Sat morning.

You mean yo seen me and never went and said hello to me LOL

I thought i seen an explore there but it was my 1st time there and i had no ida what i was even doing on saturday. Wouls of been nice to see another explore though LOL. I kept getting stuck with my rig i broke my muffler from the cat back. Also burned the living **** out of my clutch on saturday. Sunday even went better LOL i broke the factory plate that goes under the truck to support the transaxle i think. I bent a rim let all my air out had to repair a tire. Other than that it went well but i need more height before i take thoes same trails again by may.

So im looking into my options I was told i could go with the flip my rear leafs and that would be a cheaper Lift just not sure what i would need for the front axle if i was to do that. Or just spend the full 1400 for a 4inch superlift any ida's bud im looking for ida's...

Thanks
p.s dont be afraid to aim me FEONIX1123
would love to ride sometime with other explores but nothing in my area here in NY Dont mind the the long trip.

Dennis

could ya do a Ranger in this style....just without the stinger?

DSC03899.JPG

DSC03901.JPG

just a tube up and over the front of the winch

l8r, John:cool:

Splash,

Just a heads up - the "see more" link and clicking the photo of Zappers truck only bring me to a 404 error page.

Thanks dude! Totally missed that.

BTW: Pottsy just told me that our supplier won't do without powder coat.... So the $450 price stands. They will do it but it actually makes the price go up if you can believe it. However he said that a quick skuff of the powder coat and thay will hold paint real nice if you want a specific color.

Sorry about the confusion. We're just getting the first run done this week.

could ya do a Ranger in this style....just without the stinger?

DSC03899.JPG

DSC03901.JPG

just a tube up and over the front of the winch

l8r, John:cool:

We sure can, however for custom bumpers we need your truck at our shop in Carrollton, OH.
We can make anything you want.

Any better pics of the brackets and support for that Explorer bumper??

Remember this is the 91-4. But all others should have close to the same mounts.

Thats 1/2 plate. I've since changed out the stock hardware to 1/2" grade 8 bolts in the 3 hole. The 4th (lower front) was part of the proto type work.
frontbumper041.jpg

Thanks, I wanted to see what kind of support it had for the park of the tube under the headlight. In case of a slight nudge with a tree or something I was wondering if it would bent in.

You can see it in that pic. 1/8" plate on the left and top. Thats the wing tube in the upper left of the pic.

Thanks fella's... I have been working hard at this for years... By the way... I have that bumper to fit: 91 to 94 Explorer, 83-88 Bronco II & Ranger, 89-90 Bronco II, 89-92 Ranger.

Im not on here "Pimp-in" my junk out.. just following up leads..."Thanks Ed".. :thumbsup:

Pottsy@bbpfab.com

yea im really digging that bumper! how much did you say to get one?

Pottsy did my bumper also over the weekend.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1894872&posted=1#post1894872

You couldn't find a better guy to make your bumper. I told him what i wanted and he designed a new prototype around my needs. It's perfect for for i need and we tested it out on his property very late a night. I forgot to to take the EX out of overdrive and got the tranny hot but it was still a blast. I'd recommend him to everyone wanting a nice Explorer bumper.

Pottsy did my bumper also over the weekend.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1894872&posted=1#post1894872

You couldn't find a better guy to make your bumper. I told him what i wanted and he designed a new prototype around my needs. It's perfect for for i need and we tested it out on his property very late a night. I forgot to to take the EX out of overdrive and got the tranny hot but it was still a blast. I'd recommend him to everyone wanting a nice Explorer bumper.

yea that looks gr8, whats that cost ya?

It was $320 with his installation which was way cheap in my eyes. It will be cheaper than that as a do it yourself from what we were discussing. He's the only guy doing custom Ex bumpers to your needs so i definitely recommend him. He designed the stinger and supports on the fly while watching Forrest Gump and it works flawlessly. I have a couple other jobs for him but as far as bumper fab goes he's the best.

EDIT - He also modified the control mount on my winch so we could use the stinger braces we wanted. The XRC8 mounts on the left of the winch but using those bars it wouldn't fit so he cut the bracket and repositioned it so that it was mounted more over the spool.

yea im really digging that bumper! how much did you say to get one?

They are $469.99 and fully turn key out of the box.... Plug and Play per-say.... You can purchase them from my website (bbpfab) or email me..(pottsy@bbpfab)

Or buy it thru ebay.... But I would prefer you buy thru me direct... I'm tired of giving my hard earn money to ebay...:confused:

Here is the link to the auction.. Click Here

By The Way.... I just paid my $100 fee last night to be a vendor here... So you'll probably start seeing more of my crazy designs showing up...:eek:

I've been a founding member of RRORC.com since it started and those fella's over there are the roots & reason I’m where I’m at.... :thumbsup:

Pottsy is now building a similar bumper to the one above, except it doesn't have the tube on the side and it comes as a weld together kit.

Its based off the first gen frame, but I was wondering if it would work on my second gen. I know the bumpers mount differently between first and second, but if someone with a second gen could measure the distance from outside to outside frame horn/rail that would help me a lot. My Ex is 2 hrs away right now so I can't do it myself.

Thanks!

Back