• Register Today It's free!

Homelink overhead console

fyrfyter612

Reaction score
City, State
Portage Lakes, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Well....finally found a used overhead console with Homelink on E-bay. It was listed buy it now for $35 or best offer. I forgot about it and the auction ended with no bids or offers so it was relisted. I made an offer of $25 and they accepted it. So with shipping included the total was $40. Maybe it's a good thing the first listing ended with no offers or bids. I'm thinking since it did they accepted my lower offer of $25. It'll be nice to be able to get rid of the garage door opener. Most of the ones I've seen recently on E-bay have been $35 or more plus shipping. Looks like I got a pretty good deal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet, Put some pics up of the install process if you get a chance.

that's one with an already existing overhead console though... I don't currently have one at all.
I assume the wires wouldn't be run for me already.

that's one with an already existing overhead console though... I don't currently have one at all.
I assume the wires wouldn't be run for me already.

Yeah probably wouldnt be too hard. Lights and homelink just need power and ground.
Hardest part would be putting that first screw in to mount the bracket and checking outside to see if it came thorugh :p:

Yeah probably wouldnt be too hard. Lights and homelink just need power and ground.
Hardest part would be putting that first screw in to mount the bracket and checking outside to see if it came thorugh :p:

hahaha.. that's ok, it's high enough you wouldn't really notice anyway. :D

Yeah...mine already has the overhead console. After reading the post that was already put up about installing one I wanted to get one. Took a while to find one cheap enough. I'd post some pics but for some reason I'm having a hard time doing so. I took some of the Explorer already to post on here and tried to post them and it says they're too big...and I can't figure out how to resize them to work. Not often a guy has the problem of things being too big and gotta make them smaller...lol. I put fires out, help people and fix cars....not too computer savey here.

Yeah...mine already has the overhead console. After reading the post that was already put up about installing one I wanted to get one. Took a while to find one cheap enough. I'd post some pics but for some reason I'm having a hard time doing so. I took some of the Explorer already to post on here and tried to post them and it says they're too big...and I can't figure out how to resize them to work. Not often a guy has the problem of things being too big and gotta make them smaller...lol. I put fires out, help people and fix cars....not too computer savey here.

No worries
Uploading pics to the forum does require them to be smaller.
What I do is upload them to www.photobucket.com
an account is free
upload your pics to there and it will give you a link to the picture
then you paste the IMG link here and it will show up.
That way it doesn't take up all your image space.

But you need to leave the pics in your photobucket. If you delete them, they will also not be visible here.

Ok..let's give it a try...I think I got it all set up...check it out and lemme know if it works and what you think of my X. Here's the link: http://photobucket.com/fyrfyter612

Very nice X... .I like that color and I like those wheels... Ive been watching the newspaper for explorer wheels like those..

The link worked perfectly
But if you want to post one pic at a time here in the forum, copy the IMG tag under each picture and paste it in with the text you type into the forum. and you'll get the pic to show here like this

explorer3.jpg

Very nice X... .I like that color and I like those wheels... Ive been watching the newspaper for explorer wheels like those..

The link worked perfectly
But if you want to post one pic at a time here in the forum, copy the IMG tag under each picture. and you'll get the pic to show here like this

explorer3.jpg

Here is what the actual text looks like
between the IMG tags is the direct link to the jpg picture
Clipboard02.jpg

Cool.....thnx for the help...I appreciate it.

I just looked up the link on how to program Homelink and there's a problem with the link..it's not coming up. Do you remember how you did yours?

Ok...that one worked good...thnx again. I appreciate it.

Ok..let's see if I can make these pics show up. Here's what $35 got me.

DSCN1386.jpg

DSCN1387.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with it. I'm gonna try to intall it this weekend.

Well...just got done installing the Homelink overhead console. It's was so easy. The console housing on the used one was scratched so I just swapped out the center black part. To my surprise the connector for the Homelink was already in my truck so it was a simple plug-n-play job. Pretty happy getting what prob was a couple hundered dollar option when new for only $35.

Anyone know how to add the console with homelink when you dont already have a console?

Back