86EXPLORER86

City, State
SANTA CLARITA CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
FAST 2004 XLT 4.0 STRIPED
PLEASE POST PICS

IM WAITING FOR MY SPACERS SO I HAD A LITTLE FUN YESTERDAY

l_99109107d08ceb33944f7600dbe5b32f.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

id say you enjoyed yourself !

there is a thread on 3rd gen offroad pics, but i dont think any of the guys on here mind posting again ! lol

I wish there were some good spots to drive in the mud over here in Mass.... =(

Yup its just another day in cali

this spot is right by my house ... Huge huge

there are a lot of trails its private land but no one cares if we go back there in the rain its crazy

It's also hot... what kinda Winter is this? Are you changing tires and rims or is the mud covering up the new ones?

My son was the navigator, and forgot to take pics of us... so this is like the only one. The others can't really show anything... Night run :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMGA0664.JPG
    IMGA0664.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 1,347

THOSE ARE STK WAITING FOR THE SPACERS

BUT I DONT KNOW HOW IM GOING TO FIT THE SPACERS 3'' IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE THERES ENOUGHT ROOM

THIS IS MY TRUCK AS WE SPEAK

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2267.jpg

DSCN2271.jpg

Those are the biggest wheel spacers I have ever seen! I hope it's not your daily driver, your going to be going through wheel bearings like crazy. Hope it works for you.

can some one explain how im going to fit RB's 3'' spacer here
DSCN2267.jpg

it doesnt look like there enough space to put the spacer when i put stk shocks back on the front. PLEASE HELP - TRICKS - """"

whell i have had these on my car sence last DEC. and have not had a problem yet so ill let you know as time go on

l_36f60e430806433798e32e52081eda6f.jpg

I LOVE MY TRUCK NOT THE CLEANEST BUT SHES MINE

Your truck will look great with the RB spacers. As far a fitting goes, they will just bolt in where you stock strut went and then you strut will bolt to the RB spacer, it will be a lot clearer when you actually have the spacers. Unbolting the sway bar also allows the A-arm to drop a lot more, if that's not enough you can always unbolt the top ball joint. What size wheel spacers are those?

yeah i think she will

those are 2'' wheel spacers

yeah i think i will understand how it comes together right now it doesnt look like i could cram any thing 3'' in there

White Exs are beautiful! That's going to look great when it comes together!

Once you diconnect the upper ball joint, sway bar, and you might even have to un-bolt the tie rod there should be a lot more room. Also you might need to get a spring compressor if there is still not enough room after disconnecting everything. Hope all goes good, I know there are several people on here that had no problems at all on the install, and some that spent hours upon hours and finally ended up taking it to a shop. It would be cool if you did a write up on it with pictures of each step and the process you use to get them in.

I tried the 3inch lift. I couldnt get it in and a spring compressor provided no help. Someone said there was a way to do it with a screwdriver in the lower shock hole.. Apparently there is a "sweet spot" on the shock that if you wiggle around enough it will slide in. Something like that. Im not sure.

I ended up goin to some shops but no one around here will touch it. -.-

Let me know how it works for you. I really want to get this thing in.

Here it is. I looked it up.

Spazz, The binding was between the bottom of the shock and the lower contol arm where the shock slides up into the mount. The binding is tight enough that a jack is not going to help. I used a big screw driver thru the shock hole, wiggling the bottom part of the shock. Once you find the "sweet spot", you will be able to push the lower contol arm down by hand to reattach the shock to the lower control arm.

No need to take the upper control arm off. Just disconnet the upper ball joint. You said you did that so your good.

I havnt got a chance to try it yet. Its been too cold to mess with it, and ive been busy with my friends chevelle. Haha

damn well well see how it goes i will get these things in but if they dont fit might have to talk to RB............

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn well well see how it goes i will get these things in but if they dont fit might have to talk to RB............

I did 1.5" RB spacers in front, and while they weren't easy (in terms of force/muscle required), they were very straight forward to fit. 3" ones should be the same (straight forward), but will require more muscle to move the lower control arm down.

I would suggest practicing installing the strut assembly without the spacer, just so you know what to expect with locating the lower shock mount - once you are happy with how to do it, installing with the spacer is the same, just needs more leverage to move the control arm down.

Back