• Register Today It's free!

First Time Out

DirtBagPhil

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
02' Sport Trac
So I finally got my body lift in around 3am saturday morning, got the Super Swampers on and did a little triming.........later that morning after about 3 hours sleep, some friends and I left Calgary for Waiparous, for thoes of you that dont know Waiparous is a hella kick ass wheelin' spot.........

This is my first Ford build up and I kinda did it just to be different and was'nt sure how it would turn out.................Well let me tell you this thing is a friggin tank nothing could stop it, I went in the snow futher, higher, deeper than any jeep or yoda that was out there......I was climbing hills that I wouldnt even atempt in any of my old Yodas.

Now I know what all the hype was about, and I sure made a few guys change the opinion about so called "Exploders"

One happy ford owner,

Phil.

For anyone whos wondering 02 ST 3" PA Body lift, TT, and coilovers in the rear, 33"x12.5 SS TSL's on 16" Eagle Alloy's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put That ST on the trailer and head straight north Ill meet ya there...........

Hey Johnstone.....did you diable your air bags?

Hey Johnstone.....did you diable your air bags?
No. I never have. It should take a substantial impact to set them off. If they were worth much money, I probably would have taken them out and sold them. :p:

Pictures?

Sorry no real pics this time, I have a couple but to be honest I dont have the smallest clue on how to post them........:(

This is before I put the bumper and grill back on.

randonphotos002.jpg

randonphotos009.jpg

randonphotos003.jpg

:notworthy ST looks great man! I bought my PA BL this past week, should be here 2mrw. I went with a lil different look 33's on 20" rims. All of which should be on by this weekend if all goes well! How long did it take you to get the lift on if you don't mind me asking?

A friend and I did it in about 6 hours......I recomend you have a friend to help you.
Im a mechanic so I just pulled her into the shop and got started, all of my mounts were seized into the bottom bushings.....mind you I live in Canada and my truck is from BC so the salt does a number on any exposed hardware.

Another word of advice, do not rush take your time follow all the steps and you should be ok.

Good luck!

Whoa...That looks great.

Back