New Rims

Limited02

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gardner, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Limited V8
Well I finally got my new rims test fitted. They are Boss Motorsport 306's 20x8.5 with 275/45/20 Eagle GT 2's. Went to the car wash to clean them up a bit. They are in need of a really good polish but overall they are in good shape. Only one tire will have to be replaced so until then, they are sitting in the back of the Ex. Thanks to makingboost for selling me the rims. After they get polished up and the Ex gets a good wax, I will take some more pics. Hope you like:)
101_1320.jpg

101_1318.jpg

101_1319.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great, id have probably went with 22's or 24's, or lower it a couple of inces, i gotta have my wheels fill the wheelwell haha

looks great man!!!!!!!

now all you got to get is drilled rotors and red calipers

Thanks guys. It will get lowered soon and slotted rotors will be later as I just put new rotors on the front. Deep red calipers are on the to-do list :) I feel that 20's are more functional than 22's and up because I am going more for performance than looks. This baby is being built to haul ass and take some corners. Thanks again:)

Thanks guys. It will get lowered soon and slotted rotors will be later as I just put new rotors on the front. Deep red calipers are on the to-do list :) I feel that 20's are more functional than 22's and up because I am going more for performance than looks. This baby is being built to haul ass and take some corners. Thanks again:)

I deff. get what you mean haha, i want my ex to handle better, prob is, i dont want to put to much money into her, I plan on trying to get an 02 by the end of this year lol.

Looks GREAT though. The rotors and calipers would set it off perfect haha

looks good

sick looking wheels what size tires are they? idk why but my wheels look bigger or maybe its just me

20x8.5 with 275/45/20. I think if I lower the front a .5" and the rear 1" it will look better. It will level it out a little but still have a small rake. If you focus on the front window, you can see my white boxer Bella:)

How do the twenties effect ride quality?

How do the twenties effect ride quality?

I noticed on the gravel it was trying to pull a little more one way or another, but overall they felt good. I was expecting a much harsher ride and they really rode close to stock. Of course tire pressure was a little bit low but still. Thanks for comments everyone.

oh ok i have 265/55-20 tires thats prolly why. it just seems like mine look bigger
IMAGE_048.jpg

IMAGE_042.jpg

IMAGE_030.jpg

Your rims also stick out a little more than mine. Maybe making them appear bigger? According to the calculator, your tires are 1" taller than mine, but mine are .5" wider.

yeah thats what i thought but it def. looks sick. i like your 5 spokes

Looks great, id have probably went with 22's or 24's, or lower it a couple of inces, i gotta have my wheels fill the wheelwell haha

Or could just go with bigger tires... that's my plan.

But looks good though.:thumbsup:

those rims with NITTO MUD GRAPPLERS !!!!!!

holy omg !!!!!

i like those rims alot !!!!

his 5 spokes? they would look pretty sick but not the right offset for mud grapplers

All I can say is good luck finding these rims. They stopped making them back in 04 or 05 I think. I searched and searched for them but nothing turned up. I know Rocket has some on his.

It's crazy to think about this, I lost my job, next day I run across these from makingboost, buy them and a tuner from James and I still haven't told my GF yet. They are put away but going on within a week or so. Think she will notice? I am supposed to be saveing for a house but these rims were so freaking hard to find and I knew if I didn't buy them then, I may never ever get the chance again. Thanks again for the positive comments guys. You make me want to spend more money :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back