2002 Limited Updated Pics | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Limited Updated Pics

Here is another update I bought some OEM 4th Gen Heated, Power mirrors. Its a subtle change but I think it looks alot better. Only thing is they were adveritised as having the removable skull cap which they dont but I think I will eventually just sand them smooth and paint them black. Mounty cluster should hopefully be here tomorrow and I just ordered a set of 4th gen tails. I was going to wait awhile for those but I found them on ebay for 100 shipped out of an 09 so practically brand new with all the bulbs, sockets and wiring. If anyone is interested in buying my stock power, heated mirrors with puddle lamps send me a PM.

DSCN0991.jpg

DSCN0992.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only thing I dont like about the mirrors so far is the driver side mirror wont adjust very far in or up. I dont know if its stuck or if thats how they are. The passenger side adjust further in then the driver side so im going to mess with it a little and see if its getting stuck or something and hopefully I dont break it. I know there are a couple of you on here with the 4th gen mirrors can you check yours and see if the drivers side adjusts just as far in towards the vehicle and as far up as the passenger side.

this thing is MEAN !!!!!!!!!!

need to get that exhaust changed tho lol...

but def a huge fan of the work youve done !!!!!!!!!!

Lookin good!! like the mirrors and the front emblems!

Hey thanks caldwell and Miller. For now the exhaust is just a magnaflow muffler but I bought a 2.5" one so when I eventually change out the piping and remove the last cat I dont need to buy another muffler. And I "fixed" the mirror, I just massaged it in and up but a thin metal clip popped off. Everything works and its just as sturdy as the passenger side so im not really sure what its for. Dont really care tho because I can now see out of my mirror.

looks great but if i was you i would take off the roof rack

i took it off when I first got the car and didnt really like it so I painted it and put it back on. However I think I might take it off again and see how I like it now. Only thing is the paint on the roof is starting to go and the rack kind of covers it. I think it will look decent if I polish it with a buffer though.

Well she is topless, I need to give her a bath and try and get the top looking decent but its too damn hot right now to wash a black car. I also want to pick up some fusion and paint the ugly grey plastic strips that are up there. Anyone taken those off mine are riveted on so I didnt want to mess with them. I painted the washers and screws black but they are still pretty noticable, I wish I could remove the washers and get sleeker screws.

DSCN0995.jpg

DSCN0996.jpg

Well she is topless, I need to give her a bath and try and get the top looking decent but its too damn hot right now to wash a black car. I also want to pick up some fusion and paint the ugly grey plastic strips that are up there. Anyone taken those off mine are riveted on so I didnt want to mess with them. I painted the washers and screws black but they are still pretty noticable, I wish I could remove the washers and get sleeker screws.

DSCN0995.jpg

DSCN0996.jpg

I like this look you have going on, nice job with it. :thumbsup:

Got my Mounty cluster today around 4 and had it up and running by 6. That was with taking some breaks, the most time consuming part is getting the dash apart to get the guages out. Wasnt really too bad take the cluster apart and swapping parts. I plugged the mounty cluster in without swapping circuit boards and nothing happened just like xtremeranger so I swapped out circuit boards and the lcd readout and every guage works correctly. I dont know if I got some rare cluster but mine has 4x4 high and 4x4 low and I dont think there was ever a mounty with 4x4. This was the one thing holding me back from doing the swap so needless to say im stoked that every guage works. I grabbed a part # off the back but im not sure if its for the whole cluster or just the back piece as there was a tag with a bar code on the side but it wasnt readable. The # is 1L2F-10A855-AC

DSCN0997.jpg

DSCN0998.jpg

looks good with out the rack i took mine off to and the screws are still notice able i wish they wernt to.

there are some 3rd gen mountys with the 4.0 and 4x4...........

good job tyler! your EX is one of my favorites on here. looks sweet with no rack

Nice. I like what you are doing here.

I appreciate all the compliments!!! Here is one of my favorite updates so far 4th gen tail lights, it really sets off the truck. Ill grab some pics tomorow it was gettong pretty dark when I took these.

DSCN0999.jpg

DSCN1000.jpg

DSCN1002.jpg

Have you considered swapping the 09 headlights as well. mainly the Sport Trac Adrenalines or they don't fit.

I would love to but I dont think they will work without swapping the header panel and grill, and even then I dont know if it would work. I would deff. be up to swapping the header panel, grill, and headlight later on if it will work. Also any one know if there are any nicer 3rd brake lights out there(pref. led and black) or should I just pick up some vht night shade and sparay it black.

Removed my front license plate holder and got some better day time pics of the new lights.

DSCN1006.jpg

DSCN1007.jpg

DSCN1008.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Removed my front license plate holder and got some better day time pics of the new lights.

DSCN1006.jpg

DSCN1007.jpg

DSCN1008.jpg

hi i wanted to know if the mirrors and tail lights just bolt on with exsisting screws also how do the tail lights work if i remeber when i changed my buld on my 05 there was only onebuld forthe brake light and blinker then the reverse light and i notice two spots for a brake like on the 4th gen tails how did you hook yours up ? it looks real good with the square mirrors and 4th gen tails i lke how beefed up it looks like a hummer too

Back