BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry! | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry!

Traded my old 95 (4 Door) for a mint 2001 Taurus SES, loved the car, drove great, great on gas, but it made me realize, im an SUV dude, not a car dude. (Unless its a muscle car or something classic :p) I replied to a CL ad, about this 95 Explorer Sport, and the guy called me and told me about it. (There were no pics, nor information besides mileage, and that it needed nothing and ran great) I asked him if he wouldnt mind to email me some pictures of it before I come all that way up there (70mi) and he said he just put some on the ad, so I checked it out, and it looked like my 95's twin before I painted the stuff. One member on here pointed out that the last picture showed the top corners of the REAR doors, so I knew it was the wrong pictures. (I thought it was just the one, but they were all wrong)

So tonight I got there, (he brought it to his house because the dealer was already closed) and brought all the paperwork to transfer plates, and the title and whatnot, but I got there, and this thing was nothing what I expected, it was in MINT condition, chrome wheels shining like theyre brand new, paint looks no older than a year, and everything worked great, drove great, quiet exhaust, 4x4 works, all that good stuff, and only 138k miles. So we traded (signed all the papers, etc)

I cant get over how nice it is, theres nicer ones out there, but damn it wasnt what I was expecting haha.

Its got the stock JBL system, so its gonna be a PITA to put my system in!

SANY0380-1.jpg

SANY0381-1.jpg

SANY0382-1.jpg

(Snow)
SANY0385.jpg

SANY0388-1.jpg

SANY0390-1.jpg

SANY0391.jpg

SANY0392.jpg

I have NEVER in my life though seen such a DUSTY engine compartment
SANY0393.jpg

SANY0394-1.jpg

And I have never (even on newer cars) seen a functioning hood light!
SANY0399-1.jpg

AND a power antenna!!! (Dusty as hell on that side lol)
SANY0400-1.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

UPDATES:

Current Mods: (No order)

1. 3" off road lights behind the grille
2. 7 color changing LED bulbs in the reflectors on the door
3. 12" white LED strips (x4) to replace dome lighting
4. 36 LED reverse bulbs
5. 194 SMD LEDs in the gauge cluster, and temp. controls
6. Tinted taillights (Not the white part)
7. Removed roof rack (the bars, not the actual track yet)
8. Duralast Gold battery
9. Kinetik high power cell behind the backseats
10. Analog Voltimeter gauge in the center console
11. 194 SMD LEDs in the license plate lights
12. Scoche single din dash kit
13. Platimum Battery terminals
14. Removed CD changer
15. Became Elite!!!
16. Installed PAC Amp gain controller (Remote bass knob, uses RCA's) in the dash kit slot
17. Removed all dome light bulbs, still trying to figure something out for them...
18. Ran my own speaker wire until my wiring harness comes in the mail
19. Sanded & painted front wiper arms
20. Put SoundBox in the center console, mounted PS speaker behind grill (See page 4 video)
21. Added a Scosche In-line Noise Supressor (#ES034) Which eliminates bumps, and whining (interference) from speakers/subs etc
22. Ordered my Black Projector headlights! Hopefully ill have them by this week!

Future Mods:

1. 18/20 or 22" Rims
2. Lower 2"
3. Aftermarket CAI
4. Black 1 piece projectors w/ halos
5. 10,000k HIDs in the projectors
6. 10,000k HIDs in the fogs
7. Shave roof rack
8. Limo tint
9. Rear hatch update (98' Style hatch/tails)
10. Black altezza tails
11. LED taillights, and ALL blinkers/running lights
12. 16" flipdown monitor, or 2 10" flipdowns
13. Rust restoration
14. Heated mirrors w/ puddle lights (LED of course:D)
15. Paint the wiper valance
16. Newer style front bumper with cirlce fogs
17. Rollpan in back
18. Color changing underbody LED kit
19. HID Reverse lights!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im trying to talk "Chris" from X2 to at least send the black ones with express shipping or something, havent heard back from him yet about that though lol

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Wow, X2 has amazing customer service!

After the few first emails about what kind of bulbs the housings took, (He was confused on what housings at first) he gladly answered (AND QUICKLY) my questions, then I asked if he could send the tracking number, which he did right away, and once I got the lights, after only 5 days after the auction, I got them in the mail, they were the wrong ones, and had a defective LED, but after I emailed him back, he sent me the info to write on the box, and apologized and all that, and then when I shipped them back, ups charged 45$ for shipping! So I emailed him and told him that, and he offered to ship the new black ones out with priority shipping, he said usually takes maybe 2 days, and then he also refunded my shipping charges!

I told him that they have THEE best customer service I have ever delt with, and that I will deff. be a returning customer.

He always responded within an hour or two after I emailed him, (judging it wasnt after 12am or so) and ALWAYS had the information/help I requested, and couldnt have been a more respectable, nicer person.

Theyre website prices are a tad high, but they have free shipping on everything, I would reccomend them to anybody!

www.x2industries.com

So I figured out the other day at school that my 4x4 doesnt work now. :(

Well thats a lie, it works...intermitently (sp?) In 4Low, the front tires spin sometimes, but nothing that would help if I was stuck. In 4wd, they just kinda spin when they want, not helping much when the back tires are slipping.

Any ideas on what the hell I should start looking at? I have NO experience whatsoever with 4x4, and its saved/helped me quite a few times so far and id like to keep it functional lol

Well Brian you have a 95 and I've had both 95 and 96 Explorer's (they're 4X4 operates the same) so I know the functions fairly well. You know 4auto only works when a rear wheel spins and even then it kicks in and out continuously, with 4low there is power to the front wheels but its not 100% until a rear wheel slips it kicks in and out continuously too but again still provides some power to the front wheels, if you want full-time 4wheel in high or low like most people you need to do the brown-wire-mod it doesn't take long and is an easy thing to do. You only have to remember to shut it off when you shut the truck off.

I know 4wd is only when the rear tire spins, but it used to be that I could t even get them to spin really cus it would kick in and keep me under control lol. And my 4lo used to work the whole time, I could climb a snow hill like nothing now it barely kicks on, and I couldn't even get over a small hump of snow, but I thought the BWM was for AWD explorers to make them 2wd? What can it do on ours?

The BWM mod is only for 6cyl 95+ Explorers. For 95 and 96 Explorers the bwm provides constant power to the transfer case so that the 4wd clutch is always active so you don't have to wait for the rear tires to spin for it to engage. BWM for 97+ Explorers eliminates the auto 4wd on theirs. So it works both ways.

So that works for 4wd or 4lo? Or both?

Im interested lol are there any writeups for our years on how to do it?

Thanks so much man! I know what im doing tonight haha

If you're still encountering problems with your 4wd then its time to do some lookin over it.

My gf's parents are looking to buy another vehicle, and get rid of theirs when they get theyre taxes, and her mom is completely against explorers, wanting a goddamn mini van!

Her dad is on my side about getting an explorer, and were trying to convince her lol

Lol....Yeah....I'm what my g/f calls "obsessed" with them...I wouldn't think of getting a mini van unless it was lifted and 4wd haha but her parents probably aren't looking for a 4wheel truck.

Lmao I am known as "obsessed" with explorers just about with ANYONE who knows me :p: and im damn proud because my explorer is nicer than most of theyre cars lol :D

I guess its partly because of how many I've owned and refuse to ever get away from them.

For me I think its the fact that ive had 3, but im ALWAYS out working on it, always on this site, and always buying stuff for it haha

I also without thinking point them out in public or tv/movies and say what year range it is based on what the interior may look like or different things of the exterior.

LOL I do that too, I notice theyre in a lot of lifetime movies lmfao, my gf likes that BS so naturally I gotta sit through em

(Usually on EF on my iPhone the whole time lmao)

Well I guess I was wrong about the 4x4, tonight I flipped 4low on, and climbed right over a few hills, and we went through a nice trail behind my house, so I guess it works just fine lol.

Im still debating on the BWM, and reading up on that article, it seems a little more into it than what I thought lol, I figured it was a simple switch...

I went to Meijers on the way home, picked up a bottle of SeaFoam :)D), a tire pressure gauge (becuase I cant seem to find ANY of the 5 I have), and one of those "Pilot" brand exhaust tips, I got the slanted chrome one, and its basically a chrome version of the tip thats on my pipe, but it looks so much better, and it was like 6$ haha

Its dirty in the pics (Fingerprints)
IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

Anyone have any helpful advice on my damn ugly saggy bumper? :(

Thats literally like the only thing I really hate about my explorer...

Went back on that trail again today before work, and went out on the ice (NOT in my explorer haha, but walked out on it) and noticed a beautiful opportunity for some pics :D

These were with my iPhone, im gonna go back again tomorrow afternoon and get some with my digital camera lol

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

Back