Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Were through Day 1 with 2 more days to go. Here are some pic from the day.

Trail-Head-Day-1.jpg

Uwharrie-Day-1-Zuke.jpg

Uwharrie-Day-1.jpg

Uwharrie-Burns-Mud-Day-1.jpg

Hoping to have more trucks tomm.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Day 2 was a breaker. Broke one front dana 35 and I busted my radiatior with the clutch fan. Got it fixed but the dana 35 is not going to be back on this run

...What members are there and who broke??..:popcorn:

...Carnage pics please..:D

I broke. Wrung a axle off in the front diff and it disintegrated the other half in the front diff. Pull the center section and it broke the bearing cap also. Larry got it on video still made it up the rock though.

...IIRC, you have an aussie up front...Are you running stock hubs or the jeep upgrades???

I broke as well, on the way home..

All that noise which I thought was CV clicks, turned out to be a weakening U-Joint.

It broke in half at about 70mph on I-85, the tranny mount kept it in place to where I could get over to a rest stop to take it out. No real carnage, just a break.

Wow, I want to see pictures. How is the scenery?

These are pictures that my girlfriend took, not all but the only 55 I could stay awake to upload. I didn't go up Daniel pass or the harder trails this morning/late afternoon, I was too pansy about body damage. I think there's a lot more pictures to come.

Ask burns to tell you about his new 'reverse trick'

Here are a few carnage pics of my mishap.

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

Going to cost about $100 in parts to fix the ARB. Going to give it one more try and if it breaks again its getting a d44.

I'm glad my damage was limited to chunked up tires and new pinstripes.

I chunked up my tires pretty good too! Too bad we didn't meet up on the trail. Would've been noce to wheel with another Ranger! Maybe next time.

I'll get my pics up later.

We didn't take many pictures... were shooting video most of the time. Tripp is working on editing them and will post a link.

Here's the pictures we took:

Group shoot on Poser Rock:
picture.php

Just above the Daniel ledge:
picture.php

Scouting the Daniel hill climb:
picture.php

I always try to park where it's easy for me to get out and difficult for my passenger :)
picture.php

Getting on Poser Rock:
picture.php

looks like a great time, I wish I could've made it

Were home. We decided to leave on monday instead of tuesday morning. We left around 5 and got home about 130 this morning. It was a very good trip. I enjoyed meeting everyone and getting to wheel with a great group of people.

Here are the pics I got!

ure001.jpg

ure002.jpg

ure003.jpg

ure004.jpg

ure005.jpg

ure006.jpg

ure007.jpg

ure008.jpg

ure009.jpg

ure010.jpg

ure011.jpg

ure012.jpg

ure013.jpg

ure026.jpg

ure027.jpg

ure028.jpg

ure029.jpg

ure030.jpg

ure031.jpg

ure032.jpg

ure033.jpg

ure034.jpg

That 35 is STUFFED in there!!
ure035.jpg

ure036.jpg

ure037.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am having problems watching the video.... Hopefully I can watch it soon. The pictures are great guys. Brandon can you give us a link to your imageshack account. There not pulling over right on my laptop.

Ill have my pictures done this week. Im trying to unpack stuff.

Back