Return From Uwharrie | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return From Uwharrie

What a great trip

This trip was more than great it was amazing. What a great group of guys and girls. There were also many others that are not EF members who we all meet and had a good time with. The Uwharrie has so much to offer. Its not just about wheeling but its about everything outdoors. It also has many views that are just great to look at. Everywhere you turn there is something to do or something you will like.

Uwharrie-National-Forest-Si.jpg

Uwharrie-National-Forest-Vi.jpg

One of my favorite things about the Uwharrie National Forest is the Eldorado Outpost. If you are ever in the area it is worth stoping by. Great people who were very nice to Me and Kelley while we were there. Also the potato wedges are the stuff. I managed to have them at every meal. All of the food they have is good and they have many things that you will need incase you forget to bring something. They also stock some repair items as well as some tools. I bought some radiator stop leak stuff while I was there because I managed to spring a leak when my fan clutch made contact with the radiator. Over all the Eldorado Outpost is a great store and made a great part of the trip for us.

Eldorado-Outpost-2.jpg

Eldorado-Outpost.jpg

The trip started out for me with a 8 hour drive. We got there and made camp around 9pm on Friday night. Meet up with those that were in the campground and went to bed so we could rise up and have a good day wheeling.

Here was our camp set up. I like to feel like I am at home if you can not tell.

Camp-Site.jpg

Then it was off to 3 days of nice wheeling. Each trail had great things about it. Nice bypasses if you did not want to try a section and then harder areas if you wanted to keep gonig. Here are a few wheeling pictures:

LBarr.jpg

Explorer-on-trails.jpg

Josh-Adams.jpg

Jeeps-day-3.jpg

Here was a site that got to be normal for me. I was having a starting issue and needed to keep it running as much as possible so I would use a tree as my e-brake. Worked out very well.

Natural-E-Brake.jpg

What a trip. It soon came to a end. On Monday we decided to run a few trails and come home. We had planned on staying into the next morning but wanted to go ahead and come home. We packed up and hit the road. We managed to get in around 130. The F250 towed really well and I am very pleased with it. I managed to get 11 mpg on the way up and around 12.5 on the way back home.

F250-plus-explorer.jpg

Ah now we have made it to today. Everything had to be unpacked after a major period of sleep. My oh my that was some good sleep.

Then we had to do some clean up on the explorer so I let Kelley get to work.

Clean-Up-2.jpg

However with every workforse you will occalionaly have a strike. It was not long before the hose we turned per say and I was on the other end. I managed to snap this picture before the water hit me in the face.

Clean-Up.jpg

Ah but what a trip. For those who where there I must say thank you. From the great conversation to the help of starting the explorer on the trails with a wrench. I hope that one day I will be able to wheel with you one day. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can get you a picture of it! I mean, I may have to pull some strings, but I think I can make it happen! LOL

Ok lets add it to the damage list.....

Josh's bumper has a square in it thanks to me. Yeah I dropped the clutch in 4lo at 2000 rpms in reverse. I though i was in 1st gear and guess what. I went right back and smacked his truck hard lol

Looks like you guys had a great time:chug:

Here is the dent Burns put in my bumper lol!
ure056.jpg

ure055.jpg

ure054.jpg

My tires are stuffed on my truck and because there wasn't enough clearance for them to handle extreme flex/stuffage, this is the result.
ure057.jpg

SO! foxracin cut this piece out of my fender so it wouldn't happen anymore.
ure059.jpg

It worked good. No more slashing of my tire!

Ok so the dent is a little worse than I thought. Man Im sorry about that

It's really not that bad. I'll just put some under coating on it and it will blend it nicely. PLUS it would've been worse if the bumper wouldn't have been on there and everything was still stock.

No worries :)

Do we have the video pulling brandon up the hill?

I would like to have that one.

Is it just me or all the pictures on the first page now gone?

I still see the pictures, and I don't think anybody was filming when pulling Brandon up.

Ok thats cool it may be my laptop. Not really a shock.

There my pics. I was playing around with photobucket today. I'll fix em tomorrow

Lets all gang up on Brandon and his poor Limited Slip...:p:

I need to do some more reading or talk to someone knowledgeable before I tear apart the diffs for lockers.

I would have liked to see that from another angle as well..

I fixed the pics! Should be good to go now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lets all gang up on Brandon and his poor Limited Slip...:p:

I need to do some more reading or talk to someone knowledgeable before I tear apart the diffs for lockers.

I would have liked to see that from another angle as well..

You did good up there buddy! It can be a little overwhelming when you haven't done a lot of stuff like what you did last weekend.

Before you decide to do lockers, think about how much offroading your gonna be doing.

Back