GEN3 Headlight Assembly Alignment -- Need Pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GEN3 Headlight Assembly Alignment -- Need Pics

icepickjazz

Reaction score
City, State
Noblesville, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT Sport 4.6L V8
I took out both headlight assemblies on my EX for a project, but did't take note of how the lens aligned with side marker, grill etc.. I ended up "adjusting" both assemblies and have messed up the lens alignment. Would someone mind taking some pictures of GEN3 headlight assembly so I can determine how a properly aligned headlight assembly should look. Is the lens flush with clearance marker, grill etc. A couple of different angles would be helpful.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry for the poor pic

Attachments

• img030.jpg
    img030.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 302

Will get some pics tomorrow and post them up. Sorry for the delay.

Here is a pic of my '02 when shortly after I bought it. I'll take some close ups of the headlights and post them up tonight.

DaytimeFogsCustom.jpg

Hope these will help you out. You'll still have to pull up to a wall and aim them correctly. Just because they LOOK straight doesn't mean they are...

IMG_1605.jpg

CIMG1150.jpg

Shouldn't he be the one taking pictures for us so we can see how far off they are? :scratch:

Triton8273 said:
Shouldn't he be the one taking pictures for us so we can see how far off they are? :scratch:

Probably, but he asked...

I know I'm Late to the party, but here is how my headlights look:

HeadlightAlignment8.jpg

HeadlightAlignment7.jpg

HeadlightAlignment6.jpg

HeadlightAlignment5.jpg

HeadlightAlignment4.jpg

HeadlightAlignment3.jpg

HeadlightAlignment2.jpg

HeadlightAlignment1.jpg

Hope this helps out!! :biggthump

Thanks everyone.