Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Cant wait to see the outcome of that.

Finally fixed my rooftop basket. Loadwarrior with center extension into regular sized loadwarrior basket.

Before
CentralPencader-20120519-00349.jpg

After
CentralPencader-20120519-00353.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tire comparison

CentralPencader-20120520-00369.jpg

Before with the 33x13.50x15 mud grapplers
IMG-20120116-00226.jpg

After with the 31x10.50x15 dune grapplers
CentralPencader-20120520-00376.jpg

CentralPencader-20120430-00331.jpg

CentralPencader-20120520-00370.jpg

Anyone know offhand what the best wheel spacers are to avoid rubbing if I go with a 1.75" TT/war 153 shackles and am looking at 285/75/16 Duratracs? It's a 2001 stock sport trac. Also looking for wheel suggestions :) Thanks guys, and sweet ride Brent. I'm hoping to have mine look similar someday when I have money :( lol.

1" will be perfect. I had 1.5" spacers on all four corners and it stuck out too far in the front so I had to cut alot from the front cladding, inner fenders and front bumper cover.

Here's a couple pictures of how mine looked with a 1.75" TT, Warrior Products lift shackles, 3" body lift and 285/75/16's with 1.5" wheelspacers...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

1" will be perfect. I had 1.5" spacers on all four corners and it stuck out too far in the front so I had to cut alot from the front cladding, inner fenders and front bumper cover.

Here's a couple pictures of how mine looked with a 1.75" TT, Warrior Products lift shackles, 3" body lift and 285/75/16's with 1.5" wheelspacers...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So would did the drop to 1" spacers on 4 corners allow you to not have to trim? I guess I'm not opposed to trimming but if I don't have to i didn't want to. Looks really awesome though definitely what I'm looking for :) Thanks a bunch.

I know from other members that with just the TT and SL and 285's they had to do slight trimming but you don't even see it at all. The spacers will definetly give it a better stance and better handling, IMO.

Hell yeah, a lot of delicious trucks active these days :D

Glad to see we gained a new 'thusiast! Welcome Dauntless!!! You'll love it here, plenty of information to go 'round!!

Lono, lovin the new rack!! Your truck is so clean looking !

Brent, too! The rack without the extension looks good imo. I'd probably do the same thing.

And Rebel you're trac is looking more like a 'Sport Tank' each day lol. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

hey brent why'd you shorten up the basket?

Just because i downsized on the tires and the longer basket made it look weird. So to keep everything looking right i downsized the basket with the tires but when i put the 33s back on the basket extension will also go back on.

Hell yeah, a lot of delicious trucks active these days :D

Glad to see we gained a new 'thusiast! Welcome Dauntless!!! You'll love it here, plenty of information to go 'round!!

Lono, lovin the new rack!! Your truck is so clean looking !

Brent, too! The rack without the extension looks good imo. I'd probably do the same thing.

And Rebel you're trac is looking more like a 'Sport Tank' each day lol. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Yea i like the way it looks now with the smaller tires but looked weird with the 33s. With the spare tire in it, it doesn't hold much of anything else. I miss my mud grapplers, the sound and the stance of them.

Played around on the property some today. Even got into 4Low in the woods.

downsized_0524121153.jpg

downsized_0524121156.jpg

0524121137.jpg

downsized_0524121138c.jpg

downsized_0524121142.jpg

downsized_0524121144.jpg

0524121138.jpg

Finally finished up the body lift today and trimmed everything to stuff 35s under there!! Now riding 8 inches higher than stock. :D
I'm loving the way it feels and looks. Couldn't stop smiling the whole time I was driving today.

Heres before:

100_0752.jpg

And with the TT/Shackles:

photo4.jpg

And after all said and done:

photo1-5.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

photo1-6.jpg

Feels good to finally be able to put my trac in this thread lol.

I gotta say.. your truck is quickly becoming one of my favorites on the site... keep up the good work, and good job on finishing up!!!

PS - welcome to the club ;)

Sure is!!

I love the way that thing looks, love the color too.

This boulder was flat on the side I climbed up and was 30" tall. I would never have been able to do this before. The factory bumper clearence was only 13"'s high, the new steel bumper has a clearence of 32"'s.

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back