Nate's 2001 Ford Explorer V8 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2001 Ford Explorer V8

Well after parting ways with my 2005 Ford Explorer, I picked up a 2001 Ford Explorer XLT. I know who the last owner was, and they took great care of it. It has a few scratches and dents, but otherwise it's in great shape! It has the 5.0L V8 with AWD. It has a 3.55 open differential, and 107,900 miles.

Since my last Explorer got named the "Golden Bandit" this one will be named... The "Harvest Bandit" as the color is Harvest Gold.

Enough chat, more pics:
1-4.jpg

5-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

4-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah, but the ride height is your camber--let it sag and watch the inside tread wear out on your front tires--

Have you looked for some used bars? Gmanpaint has-(had) a set for sale at one time-they are even powdercoated

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I'll have to ask him if he still has em. May be a little pricey to ship em.

EDIT: Used may be a better choice at $65 a side.

Well by cranking up the driver side torsion bar almost all the way I've achieved the lift that I want. lol :p:

Now in the meantime I'm working on a tow hook project. I've been using a family member's Ranger FX4 to design a way to fit Ranger tow hooks to an Explorer without cutting the bumper. Maybe someone has done this before, but I haven't seen anything yet.
I've got quite a few measurements and I need a few more but I think I have a way to get this to work. Being as the Ranger and the Explorer are very similar things will basically bolt up with little to no modification, but I may have to have some welding done.

EDIT: I forgot, the end of July I'm having a professional photographer do a photoshoot on the Explorer. As well this photographer has a 2nd gen Explorer. :thumbsup:

I thought I'd impress my Jeep neighbors by throwing some dirt on the mall cruiser.

offroad.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Looking good, Nate! :thumbsup:

There anyone who may be interested in buying this rig in about 6-12 months? My work offers good discounts on Jeeps and other brands, and I can get a 2012 Wrangler for fairly cheap. Don't know for sure if I'm going to buy one, but if I do I'd really like to see this truck go in the hands of another Explorer Forum member instead of trading it in.

Incase you're wondering;
3.55 Open
302 V8 AWD
Torsion Twist and 153 Shacks
110k miles
New torque converter
Three owner (Rental truck, my friend's dad, me)
Fairly new front end parts
New 31" Falken Rocky Mountain Tires (rebranded Wildpeaks)
Blue Books for about $6000

If you'd be interested, let me know via private message or email.

Well, I'll see if anyone makes an offer.

I'm looking to sell this.

$6200

110k miles

Great Condition

Lifted

Call or text me at 801 710 0321 if you want to talk to me directly. Or send me a private message.

Located in Ogden, UT. If you want more specs theres a for sale ad in the proper section.

Probably not. Turdle keeps tempting me on a 97 TJ Wrangler.

I'll have a chat with him...haha

Haha. I may sell it, I may not. Idk yet. I'm pretty firm on the price. New tires, new lift, great condition and low miles.

Well after some further thought and discussing with the girlfriend, we decided to keep the Explorer for at least a year or two more.

Nice! :D:thumbsup:

You mean I still have to trim the grass around this Jeep? Aw fudge

For a while longer. I'll see if I can scrounge up some cash one of these days. There could possibly be a baby on the way soon (like 9 months), so I need to hold onto a 4-door for now.

Well being that the shocks on my truck are rusted to hell and original, I decided to buy about $200.00 worth of shocks for the rear. And then another $200.00 for the front in two weeks.

newshocks.jpg

Bilstein 4600 series. They'll do for now until I do a 4" lift.

Working in the auto parts field has its advantages :D

Those shocks are making me jealous

Those shocks are making me jealous

They cost an arm and a leg. Hurt the wallet bad...

But if you want to build it right, you got to go all out. And thats this build; the ultimate daily driver and weekend trail runner.

shocks.jpg

Spent the morning eating dirt falling off my truck as I put the shocks on.

Some recent pictures
ex3.jpg

0101.jpg

0102.jpg

So I've been looking at a few trucks. The wife is probably going to get the X and I'm thinkin I'll be getting a Chevy Colorado, or maybe a newer FX4 Ranger. Still need to look into financing options but I'll post some trucks I'm looking at here. :D

Back