• Register Today It's free!

The Green Monster

leftoverture

Reaction score
City, State
Birdtown, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Miata SE BRG #1837
This is how my 94 Explorer looks as I got it. The whitewall tires will be the first thing to go!

IMG1798.jpg

IMG1797.jpg

Not bad for under a thousand bucks, though. I don't plan to invest a lot of $$ into it, just fixing up those things that it needs to be fully functional again.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. You could always take the whitewalls off and remount them backwards, usually they're only white on one side.

I love those Lund rear air deflectors. Searching for one right now so that both my Explorers will look the same. Pretty neat that yours is painted body color.

Sweet mudflaps too. If you want to sell those and the air deflector... let me know!

Sweet mudflaps too. If you want to sell those and the air deflector... let me know!

Dang - quick cash, and the buyer is approaching you! :)

Looks good, especially for only a grand. What kind of miles, and what shape is the interior? Run good?

The outer tie rod ends were bad and had to be replaced. The front brake pads were down to nothing, I replaced those. I also replaced the ignition lock cylinder. Replaced the 8 year old battery. EGR tube and valve need replacing as do the tires. I have been searching for a set of used tires but have come up empty so far. Interior is in reasonably good condition.

The white walls are gone!!!! Picked up a set of cheap used tires for $130. They have plenty of tread left and the truck drives a whole lot better than it did with the old tires, which were worn funny due to the loose tie rod ends. And it looks better, too, if you ask me!

100212-1.jpg

100212-2.jpg

She is finally roadworthy. Now onto that EGR tube. I have been spraying the old one daily with Liquid Wrench in the hopes I'll actually be able to break it loose without having to pay a shop to torch it for me.

Well, I wimped out and paid the guy down the street to torch the EGR tube for me. It was stuck on there pretty damn good and I think he wished he'd have charged me more for his time, but I guess I get lucky since I do a lot of business with him. Today I replaced the front door lock cylinders and since I had the doors apart I threw in a cheap pair of Pioneer speakers. Next week I plan to throw a new head unit in, nothing fancy, just upgrading from the stock tape deck to a CD player with aux. input. I can do that now that I can actually lock the doors!

New JVC head unit installed today. $59.99 at Best Buy. It's not much but it sounds good with the new speakers and it has the aux input. Just about got this thing how I want it now!

NewStereo_zpse7a270c4.jpg

Back