New product added, 2013 Explorer lettering | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New product added, 2013 Explorer lettering

I have the bug as well. When are the rims going to be online for purchase. I want those sport rims. Ohhhh shag it. I'm just gonna trade in my 11 and get a new 13 Sport. Maybe I'll wait until the 14's come out. Nah. I'm gonna get me a Sport for Xmas. Merry Xmas to me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any update on this?

We believe we have specified the Sport specific grille and have ordered one for stock so we can perform a visual check to see what is included with it. We will also be listing on our site the blacked out headlamps and taillamps.

Update to come....
-Benny

We believe we have specified the Sport specific grille and have ordered one for stock so we can perform a visual check to see what is included with it. We will also be listing on our site the blacked out headlamps and taillamps.

Update to come....
-Benny
no offense but I really hope nobody buys this stuff and tries to make a fake Sport

Interested in the black headlights. I wish it would have been an option on the xlt or limited!

no offense but I really hope nobody buys this stuff and tries to make a fake Sport

Why? What would that matter. People can do whatever they want to their vehicles. It's called Modifying and customizing.....

No Jar Head. I haven't pulled the trigger. Once I looked a little closer they have less options then a limited. So I am just going to purchase the wheels and lettering and have a Limited SPORT. I might even buy the Sport tag and stick it on the back. LMAO.

Hey Benny,
Do you think the wheels will be available anytime soon?

Why? What would that matter. People can do whatever they want to their vehicles. It's called Modifying and customizing.....

No Jar Head. I haven't pulled the trigger. Once I looked a little closer they have less options then a limited. So I am just going to purchase the wheels and lettering and have a Limited SPORT. I might even buy the Sport tag and stick it on the back. LMAO.

Getting the Sport is all about getting the engine. You are correct, there will always be wannabe's. And there is always the answer, " They didn't have the Sport when I bought my Explorer". Well production hadn't started when I ordered either. I too think making something look like something it's not is tacky. There are 1000's of rim styles on the market. Wouldn't you wanna look original?

Getting the Sport is all about getting the engine. You are correct, there will always be wannabe's. And there is always the answer, " They didn't have the Sport when I bought my Explorer". Well production hadn't started when I ordered either. I too think making something look like something it's not is tacky. There are 1000's of rim styles on the market. Wouldn't you wanna look original?

Absolutely. I just like the sport rims. I actually saw a set of 22" Edge sport rims of similar design on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-EDGE-22-2011-2012-FACTORY-OEM-RIMS-WHEELS-SET-4-FOUR-3850-/170803092111

$(KGrHqF,!osE-vo82U15BPv-5vICpg~~60_3.jpg

Look familiar. Guess the Explorer Sport wheels aren't so original. I like the two tone black on gray. Very nice. I am the type of person that gets what he likes. I would love to have the sport engine. However, it's not that big of a deal to me. I'm not the heavy footed. What I like is the wheels. I like, I get, I'm happy. To each their own. If the Explorer Sport had all the bells and whistles that my fully loaded ltd has.... I would be driving a sport right now. I'm just not willing to give up my creature features for worse gas mileage.

Funny thread here. We just ordered a sport and the one thing my wife doesn't like about it is the "explorer" lettering on the front. I was already planning to remove it.

I'm also going to plastidip the handles and chrome pc on the rear. Along with the tags on the rear. Anyone seen the upgrades for the 14 Sport yet?

Here are the tire specs for the sport that gives you wider tires and better handling.

Continental ContiSportContact P265/45 ZR 20 Y

I hope you're not serious... if you look at the old SEMA customs you'll see the origin of placing the Explorer lettering on the leading edge of the hood. Who copied who? What does it matter? If someone wants to customize their explorer what of it? Like the wheels from a different trim level and have the money for them? Put em on. Don't like the lettering? Take it off.

I hope you're not serious... if you look at the old SEMA customs you'll see the origin of placing the Explorer lettering on the leading edge of the hood. Who copied who? What does it matter? If someone wants to customize their explorer what of it? Like the wheels from a different trim level and have the money for them? Put em on. Don't like the lettering? Take it off.

Well said.

My lettering will be here Tuesday. I ordered a shark fin antenna as well. Just waiting for the sport wheels. Crazy price on Ford parts. $750 each. 3000 for rims. Must be why a sport cost so much. That and the engine! Less bells though.

My lettering will be here Tuesday. I ordered a shark fin antenna as well. Just waiting for the sport wheels. Crazy price on Ford parts. $750 each. 3000 for rims. Must be why a sport cost so much. That and the engine! Less bells though.

I would definitely sell you my sport rims and tires for 2500. 1000 miles on them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure what you mean about who copied who? Jim Holland designed the land and range rover with the lettering on the hood and he also designed the newer explorer. It was his idea to put the lettering on the new explorer. He did it for sema back in 2010-11. So if he copied his own design then to answer your question. Mr. Holland copied Mr. Holland.

Back