New product added, 2013 Explorer lettering | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New product added, 2013 Explorer lettering

Why? What would that matter. People can do whatever they want to their vehicles. It's called Modifying and customizing.....

No Jar Head. I haven't pulled the trigger. Once I looked a little closer they have less options then a limited. So I am just going to purchase the wheels and lettering and have a Limited SPORT. I might even buy the Sport tag and stick it on the back. LMAO.
That is neither....
it is like wearing "designer imposter" cologne.
I have building custom cars for many many years and adding other OEM parts to your car to make look like one you did not buy or spend for is just weak
I have seen this many times over the years when I had real SS's. Z28's, GT's and others....copiers were never called custom...just fake
but hey if that is what floats you boat....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Absolutely. I just like the sport rims. I actually saw a set of 22" Edge sport rims of similar design on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-EDGE-22-2011-2012-FACTORY-OEM-RIMS-WHEELS-SET-4-FOUR-3850-/170803092111

$(KGrHqF,!osE-vo82U15BPv-5vICpg~~60_3.jpg

Look familiar. Guess the Explorer Sport wheels aren't so original. I like the two tone black on gray. Very nice. I am the type of person that gets what he likes. I would love to have the sport engine. However, it's not that big of a deal to me. I'm not the heavy footed. What I like is the wheels. I like, I get, I'm happy. To each their own. If the Explorer Sport had all the bells and whistles that my fully loaded ltd has.... I would be driving a sport right now. I'm just not willing to give up my creature features for worse gas mileage.
gas mileage is almost the same unless you bought the 4cyl
those wheels are similar but have some major differences but you can old add a Sport emblem to them.......

just to be clear modifying and building custom vehicles is about being unique and doing things different than others...being creative etc and not just slapping on parts from another OEM model

That is neither....
it is like wearing "designer imposter" cologne.
I have building custom cars for many many years and adding other OEM parts to your car to make look like one you did not buy or spend for is just weak
I have seen this many times over the years when I had real SS's. Z28's, GT's and others....copiers were never called custom...just fake
but hey if that is what floats you boat....

Im confused here so making your car look nice by adding some things you wanted that were on a different model that you didnt want to pay for is weak. Maybe you havent noticed the economy or the fact that some people dont want to spend 47k on a car. I think its weak for people even talking smack about someone modifying there car when you clearly dont pay there car note . I like some of the stuff the sport had like blacked out stuff and some other things so am I weak because I did them to my explorer without spending another 17k.

Im confused here so making your car look nice by adding some things you wanted that were on a different model that you didnt want to pay for is weak. Maybe you havent noticed the economy or the fact that some people dont want to spend 47k on a car. I think its weak for people even talking smack about someone modifying there car when you clearly dont pay there car note . I like some of the stuff the sport had like blacked out stuff and some other things so am I weak because I did them to my explorer without spending another 17k.

I think your missing the point. Throwing black vinyl on your headlights and putting a sport badge on the back are two different things. It's like buying a 6 cyl mustang and calling it a Shelby by putting on a badge and ground effects.

I think your missing the point. Throwing black vinyl on your headlights and putting a sport badge on the back are two different things. It's like buying a 6 cyl mustang and calling it a Shelby by putting on a badge and ground effects.
exactly ..I didn't buy the car..but I got the emblems....
that is not customization or unique
as an example there is a person on here who did halo's on their headlights.. that is customization

I agree with not putting the Sport badge on it, but if you like the sport rims or other parts because they look better what's the harm in changing it to you liking?

I agree with not putting the Sport badge on it, but if you like the sport rims or other parts because they look better what's the harm in changing it to you liking?
nothing is wrong unless your goal is to make faux sport...which is what this dealership is encouraging
however if poeple do it the last thing I would call it is customizing....
it is like putting ss 454 emblems on a straight 6 Chevelle..then calling it custom

I understand and see your point sorry if I sounded like a major ass lol

That's fine! I'm just gonna throw these in the garage and get some Konig Airstrikes.

you wouldn't want to sell one corner would you? ;) I have damn curb rash on my passenger front :(

I have a question about the lettering. On both the stock lettering on our Sports and the lettering that is being sold, its just your typical adhesive holding this stuff on? Like our badges? So we could remove and reapply later down the road?

I have a question about the lettering. On both the stock lettering on our Sports and the lettering that is being sold, its just your typical adhesive holding this stuff on? Like our badges? So we could remove and reapply later down the road?

You should be able to

The glue is a bonding adhesive, take your time removing, it's really easy to break the letters.

You should be able to

The glue is a bonding adhesive, take your time removing, it's really easy to break the letters.

OK. Yeah, I was thinking they looked pretty thin the last time I was washing/waxing. In the past I just used heat and fishing line for removal. I guess the good news is you can always order more if you break them.. :)

bahahaha...... maybe I will get an xlt badge as well. Then Ill have a LIMITED SPORT XLT:) BAHAHAHAAAA

OR badge that just says........ FAUX!!! Exclamations 50 bucks each. ;)

Well, I bought the EXPLORER lettering and am just waiting for it to arrive.

Don't worry folks, I will not be putting a SPORT emblem just like how another owner here in the Philippines slapped on a "SPECIAL EDITION" sticker on his 2.0 ECOBOOST Explorer. What's so special? Maybe the owner is SPECIAL! =) I like my LIMITED but I just have to have that LETTERING in front hehe! I'm merely ACCESSORIZING and not modifying.

Back