• Register Today It's free!

DMB Graphics Overlays

ieee_raider

Reaction score
City, State
Paris, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I just got these in. High quality thick gel overlays (not screen printing).
http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/979/explorer-2011-2012-gel-overlays
Cost was $32.67 shipped after conversion

The rear one fit perfect. Front one was a little small so you can barely see some blue around the edge, but it still covers the chrome ring.
I went with red on black. The red is not a match, but you can't tell from a distance.

Before
IMAG0834_zpsbf5959f5.jpg

After
IMAG0835_zps6761058b.jpg

Before
IMAG0836_zpsc541495e.jpg

After
IMAG0838_zpsac634eb5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got these in. High quality thick gel overlays (not screen printing).
http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/979/explorer-2011-2012-gel-overlays
Cost was $32.67 shipped after conversion

The rear one fit perfect. Front one was a little small so you can barely see some blue around the edge, but it still covers the chrome ring.
I went with red on black. The red is not a match, but you can't tell from a distance.

Before
IMAG0834_zpsbf5959f5.jpg

After
IMAG0835_zps6761058b.jpg

Before
IMAG0836_zpsc541495e.jpg

After
IMAG0838_zpsac634eb5.jpg
I have the black font on red background and it looks great. The only thing I'm noticing though; they are both slowly beginning to peel. Do you guys know of any non-permanent glue or adhesive I could use? I like the red on black btw.

I have the black font on red background and it looks great. The only thing I'm noticing though; they are both slowly beginning to peel. Do you guys know of any non-permanent glue or adhesive I could use? I like the red on black btw.

3M makes an automotive sticky tape, but it's a little thick.
Not sure if it would work...

looks great!

If it's starting to peel up I'd try using a heat gun to soften the overlay and soften the glue again, then push it tight again. If it's not sticking immeidately, or slowly peeling up, I'd blue tape it real nice and tight to the emblem after you heat it, so as it cools down, it's still taped to hold its shape, and leave it overnight.

Back