Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

None of those graphs state what the difference in programming are? I would assume some are higher octane while others are the tow tune? It doesn't say which is which.

Stock tune vs 93 performance tune Carnivore, all we did was change fuel and tune and thats how much it picked up. Feels like going from a 3.7L v6 Mustang to a 5.0L GT! -Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Chris,
Glad to see you on here. I have a livernois tuner and haven't seen any updates. The tune on your truck seems a bit different than what I have. What is the update process and when do you think it will be available? Will the new tune be able to exploit sand mode or any of the other transmission modes? Are there any plans for other aftermarket parts for this? Ive heard that another vendor is looking into fuel pumps injectors and down pipes. Any info or updates would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Easiest and best way to check for tune updates is to e-mail us at info@livernoismotorsports.com with your full name, year, make, model, and strategy code and we can then check to see if there are any updates available for you! Thanks

Bump. Worth staying up to date on Livernois.

Chris.....any updates on upcoming improvements?

Livernois Claims first Explorer in the 12's

Guys posting from the track, we just went 12.81 @ 107 More to follow.....!!

Thanks for waiting patiently guys, as promised, here is the video, along with a picture of the run from the timing tower.

A view from the timing tower computer as promised.

Attachments

• 12-Second Livernois Explorer Sport timing tower.jpg
    12-Second Livernois Explorer Sport timing tower.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,031

Talk about a sleeper... :D :burnout:

Looks JUST like my wife's explorer - but runs a TAD bit better !!!:thumbsup:

When will the new tune(s) be available? I'm currently running the 93 Performance tune and love it.....but more performance is always great!!!

When will the new tune(s) be available? I'm currently running the 93 Performance tune and love it.....but more performance is always great!!!
Thanks for post,

There was an update for the explorer about a month ago, so if you have an older tune send in an email and we can update you (if you need it). The important part our current tune it really something we feel you can install and not worry about problems. Our shop has currently had an explorer for some time now and we have put many many hours of R&D into the tune thats currently out there. Its very safe and nothing is "on the edge".

One needed upgrade for this truck was in the Cat back Exhaust we saw significant gains once we did that. We actually reached a big bottle neck in the tune until that was done. I'm hoping that our guys will get on here today and show some pics of the current catback.

We will be doing a Downpipe like we do for the SHO, and F150 Ecoboost but I can't promise a date on that yet.

LMS

Hey folks, I'm sure some of you are curious about the cat back exhaust and downpipes. Here are some pictures on how the setup currently looks. The catback exhaust will be a Livernois Motorsports exclusive made by Corsa and will be available for purchase soon, our target timeline is 4-6 weeks. We are still working out the final details as we speak. The downpipes were fabricated in house and will also be a Livernois Motorsports exclusive product. As far as a timeline goes we are looking at a minimum of 8 weeks until they are available for purchase.

Stay tuned for more updates regarding modifications to our 2013 Explorer Sport!

If you folks have any questions please feel free to PM or call us at anytime and we will be more than happy to help you in any way possible. Thank you. -Chris

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

Thanks for post,

There was an update for the explorer about a month ago, so if you have an older tune send in an email and we can update you (if you need it). The important part our current tune it really something we feel you can install and not worry about problems. Our shop has currently had an explorer for some time now and we have put many many hours of R&D into the tune thats currently out there. Its very safe and nothing is "on the edge".

One needed upgrade for this truck was in the Cat back Exhaust we saw significant gains once we did that. We actually reached a big bottle neck in the tune until that was done. I'm hoping that our guys will get on here today and show some pics of the current catback.

We will be doing a Downpipe like we do for the SHO, and F150 Ecoboost but I can't promise a date on that yet.

LMS

How much is the stock exhaust restricting the vehicle? Do you have any dyno graph's that show a base tuned explorer against a tuned once with the exhaust?

I currently run your tune and would be interested in seeing how much the exhaust really helped.

Congrats on the 12's! 12.8 in a big azz SUV?! Badazz!

Would love to hear some sound clips of just the catback, then the catback with down pipes.

Also waiting to hear about the exhaust bottleneck. I ran with and without exhaust and see no difference in trap speed or ET.

Vtec.....I'm running the same tune you are. Just got it last night from Livernois. I noticed you gapped your plugs down....something I have not done so far. What was the benefit of changing the gap?

Vtec.....I'm running the same tune you are. Just got it last night from Livernois. I noticed you gapped your plugs down....something I have not done so far. What was the benefit of changing the gap?

I am actually running a second revision which is not working as well as the first one. According to the tuners the stock plugs are gapped too wide for the higher boost tunes. The basic tunes are barely over stock boost IIRC and the plug gap is fine with those.

I'm running the second version of the 93 higher boost, 170 thermostat, so I'm pretty sure we are running the same thing. What problems are you having? I've only driven this latest tune about 30 miles, so I really don't have too much to say about it.

I'm running the second version of the 93 higher boost, 170 thermostat, so I'm pretty sure we are running the same thing. What problems are you having? I've only driven this latest tune about 30 miles, so I really don't have too much to say about it.

My 0-60 went from 4.8 to 4.9, my quarter et went from 13.4 to 13.5 and my trap speed went from 103.2 to 101.7 mph from the first version Dan sent me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 0-60 went from 4.8 to 4.9, my quarter et went from 13.4 to 13.5 and my trap speed went from 103.2 to 101.7 mph from the first version Dan sent me.

Send us an email info@livernoismotorsports.com an we can take a look at the current tune you have. We might have an update. The newer tunes are significantly better than the older ones. Your newer tune should be better. We will handle it an make sure we get you something better period!

LMS

Back