What kind of beadlocks you running? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What kind of beadlocks you running?

Hey all,
I am just wondering what kind of locks you all are running, I am going to be getting some and want to know what is good.. I see that there are some for like 119.00 all the way to like 300.00.. What you running and do you like them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just mounted mine today!!!:D

I bought a set of used 15x8 and 15x10 MRTs beadlocks.
The 15x8s are for now on the Explorer. There 5 on 4.5 and the 15x10s are 5 on 5.5. Those are for after the dana 44 swap. I'm always planning ahead.:) Heres a pic though.

Attachments

• beadlocks0001.jpg
    beadlocks0001.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 140

Rick runs trail ready bead locks. They are nice but a little too pricey for me. I plan on running Rockstompers beadlocks because they are priced well and have 1/4" rings. (not on my Explorer but on a trail rig Im building)

Dead Link Removed
Rockstomper

Do you know if you can buy new outer rings for the MRT's.. I have heard of a couple of company's out there make you buy a whole rim if you screw one up.. That would suck..

I was told "yes". I'm sure I'll find out the hard way as soon as I start running them more often. You can call this number and ask if ya like.

Attachments

• beadlock#20001.jpg
    beadlock#20001.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 93

Back