Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 99 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

I never bothered either. That's why they're still in a ziploc bag. Then I cut off the bumper. ..

Lol I dont mind them being a little low, I'll have to take the bumper off again to do my bushing replacement later this month. But I think some part of them being off is making my passenger one dim. I just havent had time away to look at it. Works killin me.

I do like how your bumper looks but I like my fogs too. Dilemnas...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lol I dont mind them being a little low, I'll have to take the bumper off again to do my bushing replacement later this month. But I think some part of them being off is making my passenger one dim. I just havent had time away to look at it. Works killin me.

I do like how your bumper looks but I like my fogs too. Dilemnas...

Here's a picture of them. Can anyone confirm that these are indeed for relocating the fog lights on the body lift? It's been so long and I believe they are, but don't remember for sure.

Edit: oops, forgot the picture.

I never had any spacers for the foglights. They just bolt back onto the bumper reinforcement. You just need to trim the reinforcement and bumper cover more to clear the bodylift bumper brackets. It took me two times removing the cover and trimming enough to clear enough. A good way to tell is to make sure that the parts that need trimmed shouldn't touch at all.

I had a suspicion they may not be for the fog lights but if they're not, I really don't know what they're from. Did anybody use these or did I make this up in my mind? They've been in my glove box since I did the body lift.

Those spacers came in my body lift kit, but I didn't use them. My fog lights are a little low, but doesn't bother me that much. Not worth messing with because I am planning on building a winch bumper.

My fogs were a little off as well following BL -

I found an easy fix.. slide on ice into a parked car, pay your insurance deductible (in my case 500) and when they repair the crunched front end, the lights will magically line up!

Ok.. so maybe that fix wasn't so easy after all..

Thanks OT. I found them in the corner of my garage under a pile of discarded bolts lol. Guess they did send them to me I was just being oblivious. I'll fix the fogs next weekend probably.

Thanks OT. I found them in the corner of my garage under a pile of discarded bolts lol. Guess they did send them to me I was just being oblivious. I'll fix the fogs next weekend probably.

Good. Glad you found them. I'd like to see how they work when you get them installed since it doesn't look like anyone else used them.

Good. Glad you found them. I'd like to see how they work when you get them installed since it doesn't look like anyone else used them.

Ask and you shall receive. Got around to installing these today (the front valence isn't back on yet but you can tell they are a bit higher)

zRWHBO9ACs7XXLx_tGDqbGZ_k7eznNp_KR0fA=w967-h725-no.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

Oh and I finally got around to painting my plastic crap!

016.jpg

I've decided to keep the sides off. I like how it looks without. My new plan is to fill the holes with steel epoxy, sand flat, and paint with herculiner or some such. Ought to protect the rocker panel too.

My teaser before I get it back on tomorrow or Tuesday:

Last night while it was still wet:
020.jpg

Today dry and beautiful. Only missed a few slim lines under the edge of the fiberglass, I don't think you'll ever notice once it's mounted.

026.jpg

Also got 1.5" spacers sitting on my desk right now waiting to replace my 1.25" on the rear tires, so I can put the 1.25s on the front. I'll post completed pictures Tuesday when it stops raining.

Looks good man, keep up the progress.

Ok so I just had to fix my exhaust the other day because the driverside tailpipe hanger snapped off. I was looking through my bin of exhaust parts and found the little white spacers for the foglights, it's been so long since I installed and even removed them that I totally forget that they were ever on there.

Not much has been happening with "The Mistress" lately, pretty much just using her for back and forth to work, hoping the transmission and engine hold out long enough until I can do my V8 drivetrain swap. Since I'm working again I can start ordering parts for my SAS swap and V8 swap. It's gonna be slow getting parts since I'm the only income in the house. I took advantage of RuffStuff's 20% off "kits and sets" Memorial Day weekend sale and ordered:

frame outriggers
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/OUTRIG-45.html

"Y" Link Steering using GM 1 Ton TRE
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/YLINK.html

I should be able to order something for the SAS/ V8 swaps every week or two weeks since I get paid weekly (crossed fingers).

Sorry I haven't been on here lately, my laptop died and I work from 2pm-12-1am so free time during the week is limited. I still go on the site through my iphone but limited on helping because all the links and photo's I have were on my laptop, just need to save up and buy another one and put all the information onto that one.

Oh yeah, I did upgrade my door speakers from 6x8 two ways to 6x8 three way in the front and 6x9 three ways in the rear. Again I'll post pictures when I get another laptop.

When you post photos can you included the whole side view with the side plastic off (showing both bumpers)? My side cladding I was wanting to paint but noticed if I removed them id have to fix the rusted metal. Half of my holes are rusted threw so I wouldn't be able to put back on till then. I may just leave it off at least till I could repair the metal. It's pretty bad under there
I just noticed it may look different than yours. Mines white and it may not blend as good as yours being black. You'd probably notice my holes more and that black piece near the bed/tire

Ask and you shall receive. Got around to installing these today (the front valence isn't back on yet but you can tell they are a bit higher)

zRWHBO9ACs7XXLx_tGDqbGZ_k7eznNp_KR0fA=w967-h725-no.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

Oh and I finally got around to painting my plastic crap!

016.jpg

I've decided to keep the sides off. I like how it looks without. My new plan is to fill the holes with steel epoxy, sand flat, and paint with herculiner or some such. Ought to protect the rocker panel too.

My teaser before I get it back on tomorrow or Tuesday:

Last night while it was still wet:
020.jpg

Today dry and beautiful. Only missed a few slim lines under the edge of the fiberglass, I don't think you'll ever notice once it's mounted.

026.jpg

Also got 1.5" spacers sitting on my desk right now waiting to replace my 1.25" on the rear tires, so I can put the 1.25s on the front. I'll post completed pictures Tuesday when it stops raining.

Sick view Luke. I miss the mountains almost daily. Keep them coming I'm living vicariously through you lol.

Kjhadfield,

Here are the pics you wanted:

007.JPG

002.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

Offtrac, This is what the spacers do for my fogs. They are definitely lined up better. For some reason (I have no idea and I'm tired of troubleshooting them) the driver's side fog is now over towards the center almost a quarter inch. Good news is you can't tell from 10ft away and I'm sure it wont mess with the light.

006.JPG

And here is my ghetto rigged amp mounting job. I have been listening to it thunk for almost a month because one of the screws sheared off so now its zip tied :) I think I'm going to duct tape a sock or something on the back of it so it wont bounce ;)

005.JPG

Any and all feedback appreciated. Up next is spacers and trying out GE Nighthawk Platinum headlights. My zXe's are getting seriously dim after 2 years. I'll post pictures of the comparison when I get them on Wednesday.

Right on, thank you. That does look mean thou, keep trying to envision it with my white body. Not that it really matters right now…still have the grey bumpers and now a black cap all with the white but some day.

I'm getting ready to do the same thing with mine. My cladding keeps coming loose on the trails so I figure it's telling me that it wants to go away. I'm planning on cleaning it all up, getting some rust inhibitor on it, and then some roll on bed liner for trim.

It's not gonna stop the rust but you can always spray the expanda foam inside the rockers, shave the excess flat and paint over it. I plan on removing my cladding sometime this summer, plug welding the clip holes and fabricating a piece to smooth out the bottom of the fender. Just need to find the time now.

Thanks, these tips have made me decide that I can do it myself rather put it off then pay a body shop

But I'm missing the step for covering the holes (minus the tip on spray foam, thanks thou). The process I was thinking of was wire brush or wheel, then a rust convertor or like…like everyone suggested, but before I could use a bed liner or such the rust holes would still be there. I was thinking fiberglass cloth or something to patch the holes or possibly cover the whole rocker where the top of the cladding sits and all the way down. I was thinking of wanting it white but after the suggestions on the bed liner stuff and the fact it may have imperfections then the liner would possibly cover it up or make it not as noticable. What do you think or any other routes? I don't know how to weld and couldn't get my hands on 1 either. I have a drill but it's on or off, no setting.

I've read in a few other places that guys cut up little pieces of aluminum body tape to cover up the holes and then just rolled the Herculiner over the top.

Drove a Supercharged Raptor today, then parked it next to my ST. Now I don't want to drive the ST any longer. :D

ST_zpse4b2ff19.jpg

I have ridden in a Raptor couple of times, those are awesome trucks, that and the Lightning are my dream trucks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back