Rancho 2.5 inch lift install directions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rancho 2.5 inch lift install directions

MickeySpiers

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Littleton, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Packrat that I am, I still have the installation instructions for the Rancho 2 1/2" lift (kit #8990 ) that I installed 16 years ago. Someone asked about it, so here it is for all to enjoy.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...second half...

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

...and the supplement...

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

SB1.jpg

Damn that's priceless info for somebody! Thanks for posting it.

Really interesting that it says there's a right and left radius arm. I and others here always thought the were interchangable.

Mickey thnx for uploading it this way.
Now i can go on with my build.
For the ranger they are interchangable but not for the explorer.
So indeed priceless for me when i bought this kit second hand in the netherlands
Special the supplement part and the add a leaf.
Perfect :)

Wow, I could eat off that caliper and rotor!

Make sure your brake lines don't get pinched on the spring there.

Thnx i understand what you mean but i did take care of it.
This is the first year of my rebuild so a lot of testing.
The complete bottom you can eat of :D , the meaning was in the beginning not to do everything but did get a little out of hand ;).

Too bad we can't buy the Rancho kit anymore.

I should have bought one while I had the chance. I have always liked their hardware.

Isn't Breda where they manufacture guns? Breda-Bofors?

I know i really like the kit and looks good en behaves very good now that it is finished.
It was not easy to repair them because when i bought them they where worn off completely.
The arms i did have to let them weld because where the bushings where it was very bad and after that let them balance again.
Also the bushing i had to mold them by a company nearby, because they could not be ordered anymore.o change
And Breda where i live is in the Netherlands across the ocean in europe.;)The most difficult part for me was to get all the right parts shipped and ordered.
Now still look for parts for some things i want to change.

Back