cheap upgrades/performance mods! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cheap upgrades/performance mods!

thanks for the info jd-i have the plastic/ABS? upper intake. can I still do the mustang maf and tb mod with good effects? i havent spent much time researching the mods yet so i cant say i am familiar with any of them yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea.search half shaft tb mod and ebay has he maf if you dont want to go to the junk yard.

thanks jd--will do! Much Appreciated.

what year Mustang MAF can you use?

Search ebay for 70mm mustang gt maf

I know its been a while since this post has been talked in but Can I still port the IM for my 4.0 sohc even though its plastic/abs?????

cheap performance

what i did was shorten the throttle cable cause they get loose used some long fishing lead weights under dash above gas pedal. Don't cut holes in are box or short ram waste of time and money. what i did was went to lowes bought a dryer air vent kit 15$ canadian. took out air box the air inlet trumpet is 1 1/2" remove it i used a hack saw. in the kit is a plastic adapter 3" to 4" force 3" end in hole in air box fits perfect even tho is oval. remove left front headlight trim fiberglass to fit 4"dryer hose. Disconnect metal and flaps from dryer vent. wrap metal cylinder in pipe heat tape 5$canadian. this is to insulate plastic 4" hose from trans cooler located in front of radiator. route hose from air box to lower front bumper clamp at air box and remaining vent w/o flaps drill small holes in plastic bumper to mount with zip ties. use a screen on it if you dont want animals in there. for another 10$ canadian bought 4" to 3" x 10" for a floor vent and the floor vent cut out the center painted black. put a screen in between both and riveted together. zip tied in same location. fresh cold air from out side of truck. not a mod for trailing tho if you drove through 1 1/2' of water might hydro lock your motor for that make snorkle. for daily driving and towing brings down inlet temp for a happy motor.

what i did was shorten the throttle cable cause they get loose used some long fishing lead weights under dash above gas pedal.

I'd been noticing mine has felt under powered lately. This was full throttle before:

87E7E12C-994E-45BB-9C14-7BC711559F5A.jpg

This is after I added some zip ties. I tried to do the lead fishing weights but I couldn't fold myself up to fit under the dash:
B01CF355-74D9-4F31-B5BA-89C068A7713B.jpg

Wow Its been so many years since I've replied to this thread...kept getting notifications on people responding through my email lol

Back